Cyber Security Project Manager - 6 months - Cambridge/Hybrid - £600 to £700 per day - Inside of IR35
Your new company
A world leading technology provider
Your new role
We are looking for someone who has experience leading cyber security projects, with solid experience running implementation of remediation plans/solutions; ideally with a Ransomware focus. You will need good interpersonal skills, with the ability to confidently lead and engage the project team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Project Management of cyber security projects (end to end), with the ability to quickly understand the dependencies across other initiatives and portfolios
- Delivering project(s) within the defined project methodology - following the EIT Portfolio Office guidance and framework
- Managing resources and stakeholders (internal and vendor) effectively, establishing clear comms and escalations routes and managing expectations
- Taking ownership for the delivery of the benefits - not just the project. PM's need to ensure that they understand the business case, validate and build on assumptions, benefit cases, financials and risks and work closely with their stakeholders to ensure the mandate for their project is delivered
- Leading and motivating project team members. Coordinate and achieve results from a geographically distributed team of internal resources and third parties/vendors - Resources in EIT work across multiple projects. It is imperative that you work collaboratively with the tower teams, scrum masters, and portfolio office to ensure your work is well planned and fully executable
- Accurate and timely completion of Weekly project status reports, and route to green reports using PMO templates Identification of project blockers (issues & risks), and use of the escalation process to ensure stakeholders are engaged and can support efficiently
- Adherence to change management process and CAB reviews
- A can-do attitude - you work to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency, because you're passionate about what you do
What you'll need to succeed
Must have experience:
- Experience of delivering cyber security projects, ideally with a Ransomware focus
- Experience working on multi-stream complex programmes of work.
- A proven background of managing budget versus cost and resource across multiple teams
- Jira - as the tool we use to plan all work with our teams it is critical that you have solid experience using Jira
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to work with a world leading technology company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Staying ahead in a candidates' market means finding the right opportunity isn't enough. At Hays we'll provide you with the specific interview support, up-to-date industry insights and knowledge that give you the confidence you need to succeed. We take the time to get to know you, to help you shape the career you want. Because at Hays, we're Working for your tomorrow.