About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Perth preferred; however, we will consider your base 'home' location to be one of our other SSEN offices or depots around the UK.
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + car /car allowance + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent Flexible First options available
Your responsibilities will be to deliver the engineering elements across multiple live projects, actively identifying and resolving problems, managing risks, customer engagement and delivering successful project completion while working with project managers to ensure allocated budget and customer satisfaction targets are met. You will be able to analyse network topography and technical customer design requirements to inform decisions on implementing solutions, feeding your knowledge back into the team.
- Reviewing and approving customer, and internal, technical design documents.
- Provide excellent customer service and guide customers on technical aspects.
- Manage and configure Remote Terminal Units (RTU's) Controllers, and other intelligent electronic devices, to implement functional logic and associated small wiring.
- Follow test procedures to commission RTU's and ensure logic is functioning correctly.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable experience of meeting customer connection timelines, quality, safety and cost parameters, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of progression and financial performance.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- A good understanding of the distribution electrical network and the fundamental principles of electrical power engineering.
- Experience of working with Programmable Logic Controllers, RTU's or similar devices would be advantageous.
- It would be advantageous to have, or working towards, EHV switching authorisations.
- An understanding of Flexibility Services and Connections would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Shirley-Anne on 01738 351976.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.