About the Role
Base Location: We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSEN Transmission Offices (Perth / Inverness / Aberdeen / Glasgow)
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The key duties and responsibilities for the Civil Project Engineer are as follows:
- Responsible for Civil Engineering delivery on assigned projects of typical capital value £200M - £2B.
- Promote and manage safety within assigned projects through the implementation of CDM procedures and safety in design. Fulfilling the role of Designer or Principal Designer under CDM.
- Responsible for defining scope and managing budgets for embedded engineering consultants and project driven engineering consultancy services.
- Provide technical input for your specialist discipline as well as interfacing with other technical and project functions to ensure a co-ordinated approach to project delivery and identification and resolution of key risks.
- May have functional responsibility in specialist discipline for Engineers and for consultants. May need to coordinate the resourcing of engineers from other disciplines, subject to the scale of the project.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Degree in appropriate engineering discipline (preferably CEng or working towards this).
- Knowledge and experience of Energy or Networks industries are preferable.
- Good technical knowledge of industry standards and specifications, and technical specifications, and how to determine applicability of relevant standards.
- In depth understanding of CDM Regulations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner to facilitate decision making by senior management.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.