Randstad C&P is recruiting a Project Manager on behalf of a tier one construction contractor. With an established track record of delivering high profile,.reputable projects on a large scale. The Project Manager will join an energetic, warm team committed to delivering projects to a high standard. The contractor has a growing order book and is looking for a Project Manager to assist in the delivery of the £25m scheme in Oxfordshire.
The selected applicant will play a pivotal role in overseeing and managing the educational scheme which involves heavy civils, groundworks, access roads and associated infrastructure works. The Project Manager will be in constant conversation with all aspects of the construction, from design to planning. Suitable applicants will demonstrate leadership and excellent communication skills, allowing the contractor to maintain their strong name within the construction industry. A proven track record of working on like-minded projects will be essential.
- Develop a comprehensive project plan, including a detailed schedule, budget, and scope of work.
- Identify project objectives, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Assess potential risks and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Assemble and lead a project team, including engineers, contractors, and support staff.
- Define roles and responsibilities for team members.
- Foster a collaborative and productive working environment.
- Manage the project budget and financial resources efficiently.
- Monitor project expenses and implement cost control measures as needed.
- Approve invoices and payments in accordance with the project budget.
- Ensure that construction activities meet or exceed quality standards and specifications.
- Implement quality control processes and inspections.
- Address any quality issues promptly.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule, ensuring that all tasks are completed on time.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as necessary to avoid delays.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries.
- Obtain the necessary permits and approvals for the project.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and environmental requirements.
- Identify, assess, and manage project risks.
- Develop contingency plans to address unforeseen challenges.
- Keep stakeholders informed about potential risks and mitigation strategies.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure project success.
- Continuously evaluate project performance against established metrics.
- Degree or equivalent educational qualifications
- Proficiency in project management software (e.g. Asta, Microsoft Project).
- Excellent problem-solving and incisive decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of industry standards, regulations, and best practices to be implemented on site.
- Competitive salary and strong benefits package.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement within an expanding company.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment that values employee contributions.
- Commitment to sustainability and environmentally responsible construction practices.
For more information, please contact Joe Allchurch ( on or apply with your CV!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.