Your new company
An award-winning multidisciplinary construction consultancy based in southeast London Seek an Assistant Project Manager to join their friendly, inspiring expanding team. My client services across a wide range of sectors: housing, education, health, care, blue light, commercial, regeneration and mixed use. In March 2021, they were awarded 2-star accreditation by Best Companies in recognition for ‘Outstanding’ employee engagement and listed in the top 100 mid-sized companies to work for in the UK.
Your new role
As a Project Manager you will be responsible to the group head programme manager and project team leader
- Assist Project Team Leader with Client liaison to include presentation of schemes, project programming and other matters affecting delivery of service.
- Act as the Contract Administrator or Employer's Agent on a wide range of building types, utilising all standard forms of construction and assuming full responsibility for the following:
- Act as a Project Manager where required inc appointing Professional Team and management of their performance
- Visit site and carry out and issue inspections reports.
- Prepare and present initial appraisal and feasibility reports.
- Prepare and present outline design proposals, including preparation of budget estimate costs.
- Prepare whole life programs and programs of work using MS project.
- Prepare and present for approval complete scheme designs.
- Prepare full working drawings sufficient for the construction of the project.
- Submit applications for statutory approvals, including Planning, Listed Building Consent and Building Control Approval.
- Prepare specifications and schedules of work, Employer’s Requirements and/or provide information for the preparation of bills of quantities.
- Invite tenders for the main contract, carry out tender analysis and prepare tender reports.
- Prepare contract documents.
- Undertaking Contract Administration duties in accordance with Practice procedures and verification strategies.
- Preparing maintenance manuals.
Delegating any of the above duties whilst retaining responsibility for achievement
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 1-year post-qualification (BSc (Hons) degree or similar in Building Surveying/ Quantity surveying/ Project Management) experience and/or breadth of knowledge and competence commensurate with this position.
- Associate membership of RICS or equivalent recognised qualification.
- Attending Core Competencies and internally/externally run CPDs, to achieve a minimum of 20 hours per year continued professional development.
What you'll get in return
- Up to £55,000 PA
- Pension – contributions matched to 4.5% (Salary sacrifice scheme)
- Life assurance cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- Flexible working location: Option to work from home with a minimum requirement of at least one day per week working from your base office.
- Flexible working hours: Option to be flexible with start and finish times, as long as core hours (10am-4.15pm) are covered.
- Birthday leave
- Time off in lieu (where applicable)
- Enhanced annual leave for long service.
- Professional fees paid.
- Professional development scheme for funded training and/or qualifications
- Mentoring and 1:1 scheme
- Bonus for introducing new colleagues.
- Shopping reward and discount scheme including discounted gym memberships.
- Contribution towards your fundraising events
- Two paid ‘donation days’ to use for volunteering or charity work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rachel Knight on 07488 312 618 or 0333 010 5107 us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.