A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager at a market-leading group in specialist vehicles. They are a project orientated business and work on a large number of various project types. The project types can vary from in service support of vehicle fleets through to managing a ground up vehicle development/conversion project.
They are looking for Experienced Project Managers to join this Outstanding company that specialise in Vehicle testing and engineering services in automotive. The role will primarily involve the support of a vehicle fleet in service and for ad hoc engineering activities and programmes associated with it. In addition, support will be required for smaller projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Manage a range of project types including vehicle maintenance and repair, vehicle conversion and enhancement, system integration, vehicle test verification and validation
- Cost control to include managing budgets, actual spend and forecasted cash-flow, tracking targets, P&L accounts for board review, invoicing status and margins
- You will need a detailed knowledge of the vehicle design and development and vehicle assembly New Product Introduction processes
- A working knowledge of vehicle technical, legislative and certification requirements
- Scheduling, primarily using MSP to track progress, monitor performance with KPI's, highlight delays and plan on how to mitigate them, ie: Action list management and performance tracking
- Bill of materials management, engaging with engineering team to ensure timely critical design releases and Engineering Timing and Release Schedule (ETRS) methodology
- Risk management, using a standard Risk Management Matrix
- Managing contract deliverables and Contract Amendments
- Managing Concessions and Design Change Requests
- Managing Subcontracts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Projects Status Reporting to the Managing Director of Special Vehicles, the Finance department and to the Client
- Chair of meetings, minute taking and report writing
- Manage or support bid preparation
- Managing resources, both internal and external, in conjunction with the leadership in Special Vehicles
- Managing quality and ensuring processes and procedures adhere to ISO accreditations, striving for best practice at all times.
- Able to develop and improve a strong supply chain through audit support and participation
- A knowledge of manufacturing processes and methodologies
- A require knowledge of inventory and stock control management process
- Procurement of project material and interacting with the Purchasing Department.
- Good Level of understanding of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of PDM systems & processes would be advantageous
- Technical minute taking
- Report authoring
- Good understanding of Quality Control management processes
- Familiarity of working in an ISO 90001 environment
- Good understanding of Safety & Environmental management processes
- Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check (essential)
- SC clearance or ability to achieve this if not already held (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years) (essential)
- Full UK driving license (essential)
- Recognised project management qualification or certification - APMP, PRINCE 2 (essential)
Monday to Friday - 40 hours
Salary - £55k-£65k
Working Environment: Office based, some opportunity for remote working.
If interested please don't hesitate to apply now. We look forward to hearing from you.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.