A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager at a renowned Defence company. You will be involved in the strategic direction and continuous improvement of the PMO team as well as closer involvement with sales strategies, capture planning and maximising future opportunities from a PMO perspective, with the associated interaction with important Customer during the bid stages accordingly
We are looking for a Project Manager to join a defence company that specialises in the conversion of commercial vehicles to armoured vehicles with military applications.
Due to the nature of the company, we are looking for someone to influence a positive, productive and enjoyable culture, who is also intuitive to customer needs and driven to ensuring customers receive the highest levels of service and support.
- Relevant experience of delivering project management excellence, of a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
- Experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security Sector.
- Commercial awareness, and experience dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs.
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules.
- Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems. Preferably a practical understanding of JIRA tools.
- Leads those around them and sets the example for other PMs / project team members to follow.
- Competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis.
- Understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Experience of risk and opportunity management.
- Experience mentoring and managing direct reports / team members to get the best from them in a tough working environment
- Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting.
- Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a technical related subject, or relevant practical experience.
- Professional project/programme management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2 or UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage.
Working the hours of Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 4:30pm - Friday: 7:30am - 2pm
As this organisation works on behalf of the Ministry of Defence, all candidates will need to hold sole British Citizenship and will need to be able to pass a self-funded basic DBS (criminal record check)
The role is inside IR-35 so we will be unable to engage with LTD companies
If you fit the criteria and are interested apply now, interviews will be held shortly. For more information contact Carbon60
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.