Project Manager - Electrical - Facilities Management - Birmingham - Up to £53k plus £4k Car allowance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest Facilities Management companies in the UK at one of their prestigious clients' sites based in Birmingham, with regular travel across Nottingham, Derby and Peterborough.
Salary: Up to £53k plus £4k car allowance plus excellent benefits package.
Location: Birmingham, with regular travel across Nottingham, Derby and Peterborough
Hours of work: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Prepare specifications briefs and labour plans
- Appoint/manage specialist contractors and attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Work with Management & site supervisors to ensure the works are on target and to update programs and weekly project reports for the client.
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team
- Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
- Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage all Health and Safety matters (CDM) in accordance with procedures and current relevant legislation
- Take responsibility for the successful project completion and formal handover
The successful candidate:
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in an Electrical Engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Ability to plan and organise their work effectively to meet changing environments and needs
- Proven track record to the successful delivery of multitask building, electrical and mechanical services related projects
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- To be able to communicate at all levels, with excellent written and oral skills
- To be able to use Microsoft Project to basic standard as a minimum.
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.