RPS is looking for a Project Controls Manager to work alongside our Technical Consultancy team working across a range of offshore renewable and oil and gas projects in the UK and Ireland, and globally as we continue to expand into new markets. Our team has been selected as the lead Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Habitat Regulation Assessment (HRA) consultant for some of the offshore wind industry’s major “firsts”. These include the world’s largest offshore wind farms: Ørsted’s Hornsea One, Two and Three, the first offshore wind farm in Australia – CIP’s Star of the South, and once constructed, one of the world’s and Scotland’s largest offshore wind farm - SSE’s Berwick Bank offshore wind farm.
RPS is a leader in delivering projects in complex marine environments. When you join RPS, you’ll become a member of a deeply experienced team, which has experience from over 20 years at the forefront of the offshore wind industry, working across the UK, wider Europe, America, Australia and Asia.
What you’ll be doing
The Project Controls Manager will provide strong project governance (both internal and external) to help deliver EIA and HRA projects to client expectations, and within agreed budgets and timescales.
You will be responsible for managing and controlling cost estimates, actuals and forecasts, variations, and programmes across a portfolio of projects. These will be regularly reported to Project Managers and the Client to keep them up to date on project status.
This role also works closely with our Programme Management Office (PMO), bid, legal, project, and finance teams through the project life cycle from bid to project close out and de-brief, to ensure information is up to date, processes and systems run smoothly, and any issues are quickly resolved.
Key responsibilities/accountabilities cont.
- Proposals, bids and variation – Input into proposals, bids and variations with the bid team, Commercial Manager and technical consultancy team.
- Project controls execution support - Manage complex projects throughout the project lifecycle including project set-up, finances, scheduling and reporting, to timely completion of projects, within scope, and on budget. To include:
- Define and establish a robust work breakdown structure
- Coordinate and lead workshops to compile the master project/programme schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration and identifying critical path.
- Review / management of project budgets (including fixed, time and expense and capped budgets).
- Manage change systems, including variations, and facilitate project risk management processes
- Analyse spend to date and forecast to actively evaluate potential risks.
- Financial control including invoicing, cash flow management and budget control
- Reporting - Setup and update internal and external progress reporting, including Power BI reporting where required
- Continuous improvement – Analyse project data to support continuous improvement. Seek and implement improvements to internal processes related to project management.
Who we’re looking for?
A highly motivated and results-oriented professional to assume the position of Project Controls Manager. A proactive individual who excels in resolving challenges and have experience in constructing bespoke tools from the ground up to oversee project management efficiently. In addition to the qualifications and experiences stipulated below, RPS need an individual who can lead the way in the creation of innovative solutions and systems to optimize project controls and ensure the appropriate management of projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
A Degree level or equivalent education is desirable, along with a recognized Project Management qualification such as APM or Prince2.
Strong database and data management skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MicrosoftProjects and/or Primavera P6. Knowledge of Power BI reporting is desirable.
Significant experience within a consulting, professional services, marine, or construction organization managing complex multi-disciplinary projects or similar.
- Proactive Problem Solver: We are looking for an individual who isn't satisfied with the status quo but takes the initiative to identify challenges and develop innovative solutions.
- Hands-On Approach: We value individuals who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and actively engage in all aspects of project management, from defining robust work breakdown structures to building and coordinating critical project schedules.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: In addition to meeting current project needs, we are seeking candidates who actively seek and implement improvements to internal processes related to project management. We want individuals who are dedicated to making our project management capabilities even more effective and efficient.
What’s in it for you?
If you’re interested in how we use and manage the marine environment, want to help meet NetZero targets and support projects that tackle climate change through the development of offshore renewable energy, then talk to us about our career opportunities in this area.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You’ll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its
people first and prioritises their well-being.
What happens next?
The Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch to let you know the outcome of your application. If your application is progressed, you’ll have a conversation with one of our recruiters and then a more formal interview with the Team.
All applications will be considered.
We’re RPS, A Tetra Tech company
RPS is an established leader in offshore wind industry services, having worked in the industry from its inception in Europe in the early 2000s. It has also advised on offshore energy projects for over 40 years.
Representing an exciting new chapter in our business, on 24 January 2023 RPS became a Tetra Tech company. With 27,000 employees in more than 550 offices in more than 120 countries on seven continents, Tetra Tech is a leading, global provider of consulting and engineering services. As a Tetra Tech company, RPS is proud to offer our people market-leading development and project opportunities, helping to solve some of the world’s most complex problems.