Our Rolls-Royce Submarines Project Management Teams are looking for outstanding project planning candidates. Our customers are reliant on us to deliver our projects on time, with the desired outcomes and within budgets. You will be instrumental in helping to ensure we both meet and exceed their expectations.
If you are successful, we will work closely with you to find the best fit, based on your skills, experience, personality, and preferences. Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. We offer an inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, cares for your wellbeing, and gives you a platform for continuous learning. You will gain access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to develop your career which is fully supported by world-class training and development.
Values & behaviours | Rolls-Royce
Building a better World with Nuclear
We are uniquely placed to help build a better world with nuclear using world-leading technologies for power and propulsion solutions. What we do really matters.
It’s not every day that you can say that the work you do helps keep the UK safe, but that is just one of the unique benefits of securing a role within Rolls-Royce Submarines. We’re a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority.
In addition, our hotbed of innovation and problem-solving solutions mean our diverse and exciting range of growth opportunities is on the increase. These range from expanding our current product and service offerings through to entering new markets, including space exploration, and sustaining the environment through the development of clean energy solutions, such as the deployment of micro reactors, synthetic fuel production and the power of hydrogen.
Watch our Submarine Story and visit our Defence Website to learn more about our ambitious world- leading successes and purpose.
We believe in bringing pride, accomplishment and prosperity to our people and the communities we work in by offering excellent development, a competitive salary, and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are and where hybrid working is possible, we support ways in which our people can balance their time between the office, home, or another remote location. As a minimum we’re all expected to attend the workplace for collaboration and other specific reasons, on average three days per week.
Find out more about what we offer.
What you will be doing
As a Project Planner you will work with key stakeholders to capture the project work scope, in line with customer requirements. This could include the development of a Product Breakdown Structure (PBS), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW) and Basis of Estimate (BOE).
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a healthy and credible project schedule in line with the Submarines Planning & Scheduling Guidelines.
- Ensure that all schedules are generated, maintained, and updated in line with the planning cycle.
- Accountable for identifying schedule impact issues within the project and proactively pursue solutions within the baseline boundaries of quality, cost, and time. Also understanding any impacts to internal and external deliverables or dependencies.
- Coordinate Live Progress Updates session to gather accurate project progress status information and update.
- Analysis and production of monthly management information or reporting in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to milestone slippage, critical path analysis, resource demand & availability, float erosion, identification of schedule risks, issues, and opportunities. Undertake schedule variance analysis to identify and report deviations, triggering exception reports as appropriate. Identification & use of Earned Value Management techniques as be required.
Who we are looking for
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- An understanding of project management and the ability to maintain projects within a complex environment, using an Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Strong knowledge and skills of scheduling software (Primavera P6) and subsequent functionality.
- Awareness of (or willingness to learn) operating within an Earned Value Management (EVM) environment.
- Ability to deliver accurate work within monthly reporting cycles, using initiative to prioritise project deadlines.
- A desire / curiosity to reach out to key stakeholders and understand our business to build relationships.
- Entry level qualification (HNC or Foundation Degree) desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak with your recruiter and we will endeavour to support with any reasonable adjustments.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy here.
Security Clearance and requirements for the role
To work for Rolls-Royce Submarines you need to hold a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if you don’t currently already have this in place.
Due to the nature of work the business conducts and the protection of certain assets, you must hold a UK nationality. Any dual nationals will require additional scrutiny and background checks prior to commencing work with RRSL.