Our Rolls-Royce Submarines Project Management Teams are looking for outstanding candidates across a variety of roles. Our customers are reliant on us to deliver our projects on time, with the desired outcomes and within budgets and in any of these positions, you will be instrumental in helping to make sure we both meet and exceed their expectations.
The available positions have varying responsibilities and demands and if you are successful, we will work closely with you to find the best fit, based on your skills, experience, personality, and preferences. Join us and we’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, looks after your wellbeing, and gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to develop your career which is fully supported by world-class training and development.
Values & Behaviours | Rolls-Royce
Building a better World with Nuclear
We are uniquely placed to help build a better world with nuclear using world-leading technologies for power and propulsion solutions. What we do really matters.
It’s not every day that you can say that the work you do helps keep the UK safe, but that is just one of the unique benefits of securing a role within Rolls-Royce Submarines. We’re a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy’s nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority.
In addition, our hotbed of innovation and problem-solving solutions mean our diverse and exciting range of growth opportunities is on the increase. These range from expanding our current product and service offerings through to entering new markets, including space exploration, and sustaining the environment through the development of clean energy solutions, such as the deployment of micro reactors, synthetic fuel production and the power of hydrogen.
Watch our Submarine Story and visit our Defence Website to learn more about our ambitious world-leading successes and purpose.
We believe in bringing pride, accomplishment and prosperity to our people and the communities we work in by offering excellent development, a competitive salary, and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are and where hybrid working is possible, we support ways in which our people can balance their time between the office, home or another remote location. As a minimum we’re all expected to attend the workplace for collaboration and other specific reasons, on average three days per week.
Find out more about what we offer.
What you will be doing
You will be based out of our Raynesway facility in Derby where you’ll be involved in the collation, analysis and integration of exciting submarine projects and business management. You will either join one of our project teams or work in our central function Project Management Office (PMO).
- Support the project team in delivering requirements ensuring that the overall project outputs are met.
- Support project submissions for the forecasting/budget process.
- Support project/contract reviews and produce reports/review packs.
- Facilitate and coordinate Risk and Opportunity assessment activities.
- Support the project teams with the processes, governance, and maintenance of project data and develop / implement Project Management best practice effectively and efficiently in line with company management processes.
The Project Management Function not only scans the global horizon for recognised and benchmarked best practice, but it also continually challenges the norms and works internally and externally to influence and set the Project Management and Project Controls standards used within the UK Submarines Enterprise
Who we are looking for
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
- A degree or equivalent experience in Project Management, Business, Management, Economics or STEM-related subject.
- A project management professional qualification or professional standard (ChPP, MAMP, APM PMQ or equivalents) or willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of Project Management areas such as planning, scheduling, project controls, infrastructure, new product introduction and product development. Experience of working in a project team or cross / multi-disciplined delivery team is desirable.
- Experience of handling, collating, and presenting data using appropriate tools.
- An open-minded, curious, collaborative, and creative approach to problem-solving, and a desire to learn, develop and apply new perspectives to your work.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak with your recruiter and we will endeavour to support with any reasonable adjustments.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy here.
Security Clearance and requirements for the role
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual must hold a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person must be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.