MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: up to £75,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 21% of base salary
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more....
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
- We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Dynamic (hybrid) working: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3 days per week on-site, on average.
Software Project Lead
Real Time Seeker Software is tasked with supplying software into sophisticated seeker equipment, a sub-component of a missile; often developing on innovative processing platforms.
Interacting with a wider Seeker team (including Systems, Hardware and Firmware Teams), this role presents opportunities to deliver complex software solutions, as part of a deliverable product, deployed into missile programmes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and grow your career and where you will lead a sophisticated software product for innovative equipment; in an open, friendly and encouraging team!
You will be working in a system-of-systems environment to deliver missile programmes!
- You'll get lots of experience interacting and influencing senior stakeholders if you join us on this modernising journey
- Training program to provide you with the skills/tools to take the next step to becoming a technical or managerial leader in MBDA
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the development of your team
What we're looking for from you:
A Software Project Lead (SPL) who can build high-performing teams and create strong working relations with the multi-disciplined project environments; include financial and budget control, system design, electronic design, safety, security and quality.
- You will have the ability to inspire, lead and nurture a team of typically 5-10 engineers (software development and verification)
- Do you have a proven record of managing a software budget and have the confidence to control change to the requirements and costs, against an agreed estimate/budget?
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary programmes to deliver embedded software into end equipment products
- Sufficient knowledge to contribute to other team's reviews would be beneficial i.e., ability to understand schematics.
- Technical/software background with experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is critical
- Strong understanding and track record of working within an agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment
- Experience of reporting progress through agile metrics such as burnup charts, team velocity, cycle times and work-load-forecast
- Experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets
- History of improving teams through strong coaching and mentoring skills
- While not essential, experience of safety-critical standards (e.g., DO-178C) would be beneficial
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.