Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager - 6 month contract
- As Senior Project Manager for the project your main duties will include:
- Leading on the set up and running of all project management activites, ensuring the Executive Sponsor and Business Lead are supported in owning the change and working closely with the other project stakeholders such as the Regional Operations Managers.
- Leading on the preparation and be responsible for maintaining all project documentation to a high standard ensuring it is up to date and presented in the right format in a timely fashion. To include:-
- Standard and ad hoc reports as required to inform decision-making.
- Maintaining and reporting the project plan and all other project related artefacts to the defined project standards as required by the EPMO.
- Leading the co-ordination and delivery of the activites, supporting the closure of services in deficit to ensure the realisation of benefits.
- To lead on the preparation and delivery of the programme board meetings
- Working closely with the relevant Finance Manager, who will provide latest financials in relation to costs and benefits, and to lead on the reporting of the overall budget for the initiative.
- Supporting, advising and challenging the Executive Sponsor and Lead on the best approach for delivery in order to achieve the desired outcomes (recognising the final decision making authority of the Executive Sponsor).
- Providing delivery oversight to the steering group, consisting of the Exec Sponsor, Business Lead, CFO, CEO and Head of Strategic Delivery, regarding the management of constraints, priorities and risks
- Driving negotiations between parties to gain consensus where necessary and to deliver results accordingly.
- These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. A statement of work will be produced in relation to the outcomes to be delivered as part of this engagement.
- Significant experience of successfully managing major projects, from inception through to completion
- Experience of working with C-Suite stakeholders
- A degree or similar professional project qualification (e.g. Prince2 Practitioner; APMPMQ)
- Strong IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office, Teams and project planning software (e.g. MS Project)
- The ability to ensure delivery of real measurable benefits
- Experience of leading and managing project teams, achieving results through other people without necessarily using formal line management authority
- Desirable: A good understanding of Social Care, Local Authorities and / or Housing Associations.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.