Project Manager, Change Management, Higher Education, System, CAFM, Hybrid Working, Inside IR35
Here at Hays Technology, we are recruiting a Project Manager - Change Management for a higher education client based in Leeds. This is a 6-month contract with hybrid working and 2–3 days a week on site in Leeds. This role is paying circa £550 per day (Inside IR35). You will be working with various departments in the university to support rolling out an IT system with a focus on the business change side.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing projects/workstreams throughout the various stages of the lifecycle, including planning and control, management of resources, RAID, benefits, milestones, costs, scope and benefits.
- Playing a key role in the shaping of projects, this includes contributing to the agreement of scope, oversight, ownership, and roles, ensuring strategic alignment and consulting key stakeholders.
- Planning for and managing communications and engagement with all groups of stakeholders affected by the projects.
- Adhering to the Delivering Results methodology through appropriate use of project management tools and templates.
- Planning and leading gateway reviews for your own projects, to demonstrate adequate management control.
- Making recommendations based on lessons learnt for future developments.
- Supporting and providing assurance to the Programme Board regarding the management of constraints, priorities and risks of their own projects that impact the overall Programme.
- Providing timely and accurate reporting for project and programme governance.
- Managing the process for testing, commissioning, and rolling out improvement projects including IT systems.
These duties provide a framework for the role and should not be regarded as a definitive list. Other reasonable duties may be required, consistent with the grade of the post.
Skills needed for this role:
- Experience of working on projects throughout their respective lifecycles and applying best practice/project methodologies (such as MS Project, Prince2, Managing Successful Programme, etc).
- Experience of creating accurate and timely documentation for review at an executive level.
- Experience of supporting project teams and/or workstreams, achieving results through other people without necessarily using formal line management authority.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capability; confident dealing with complex financial, performance, strategy, and organisational information.
- Experience of managing the interface with key project stakeholders and the development and delivery of communication plans.
- Previous experience working in a Higher Education environment or heavily regulated industry.
- Previous experience of implementing Computer Aided Facilities Management Systems (CAFM).
- A Prince 2 or other relevant project management qualification (e.g. APM/PMI).