Senior Project Manager NB!! this position will require Security Clearance so only British Nationals to apply please
My international client is a world leader in the development, manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems
Job Scope The Senior Project Manager is required to control customer-funded and PV development/ production programmes. Activities will centre on a small number of more significant programmes for which the Senior Project Manager could be expected to assist with the bid/scoping phase and then take responsibility for all aspects of the programme from, Project initiation to final acceptance and project closure. A close liaison with Sales, Contracts, Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Customer Services, Quality and Accounting departments within the Company will be required to fulfil this task.Job Functions The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Programme Management of Projects/Programmes allocated by Head of Project Management and Business Improvement
- Liaison with customers to ensure the finished product meets the customer requirements.
- Identification of areas at risk in programme execution and implementation of measures to reduce these.
- Liaison with all other departments and sub-contractors, to ensure efficient development and production of equipment to customers' requirements and delivery to agreed timescales.
- Reporting of general progress and financial status of programmes managed on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial data in an agreed format for presentation on a monthly basis to the senior members of staff.
- Export compliance for equipment being delivered in accordance with appropriate guidelines
- Support the Head of Project Management and Business Improvement with governance and continuous improvement.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in the preparation and where required, the management of bids for programmes requiring customer funded development work.
- Assist Engineering in the development of PV Programme plans
- Estimate programme management costs.
- Review allocated incoming contracts to ensure programme is feasible before final signature of contract.
- Accept signed contract from Sales department for execution.
- Plan execution of programme, liaising with the customer as necessary to refine detail of requirement. Liaise with sub-contractors regarding their part in programme execution.
- Review estimates of programme costs and propose internal budgets for programme execution.
- Communicate programme details and initiate programme activity by departments throughout the company
- Monitor programme progress against programme plan and programme spend against budget. Maintain an up to date forecast of costs to complete. Take corrective action to minimise overrun and overspend.
- Report programme progress and financial status on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with customer as necessary during programme execution. Organise meetings with customer and report programme progress to customer as required by contract.
- Coordinate arrangements for Factory Acceptance Test of deliverable equipment.
- Coordinate arrangements for despatch/ delivery of equipment.
- Coordinate arrangements for installation, commissioning and trials of equipment if required by contract.
- Attend weekly Production/ Purchasing/ Shipping reviews to agree actions and maximise timely output.
- Travel within the UK and overseas may be required and is considered an occasional feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks associated with this role
- A good knowledge of Project Manager techniques and processes
- Risk mitigation
- Good communication skills essential.
- Customer focussed
- Willingness to occasionally travel to visit Customer sites in the UK or overseas
- Programme scheduling
- Report writing
- Presentations to senior Management
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Financially and Commercially astute
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Management
- Negotiation skills
- Self-motivated individual able to work alone
- Knowledge of Military/ Naval contracts and processes
Experience required for the Role
- HND or degree level within Project management or equivalent experience.
- APM qualified would be advantageous.
- 5 years practical experience within a Project Management environment
- Experience in an Engineering development environment.
- Software development Project Management experience is highly desirable.
- Experience of running Projects from conception, through implementation to closure
- Ability to manage and record budgets/spend and provide forecast information
- Sound customer care skills
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.