We’re Association for Project Management (APM). We’re a professional membership organisation that sets the standards for the project profession. As a registered charity, we reinvest our surplus for the benefit of our members and the profession. We deliver education and develop qualifications. We conduct research and provide knowledge and resources. We run events and share best practice. We give people the opportunity to connect and provide community for our individual members and corporate partners, wherever they are. Above all, when doing so makes a difference, we challenge the status quo.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the Portfolio department here at APM.
Reporting to the Head of Portfolio, you will provide project management expertise to the APM portfolio – delivering key projects comprising product, process, and system development. They will contribute to the enhancement of APM’s project management framework to ensure current and future projects
within the APM are delivered in line with good practice project management techniques, whilst ensuring such frameworks are appropriate to the type and scale of projects within the overall portfolio.
The Project Manager will have primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking, and managing the project(s) to which they are assigned. Projects will involve stakeholders from different areas of the business, regulatory bodies, the external APM community and suppliers, therefore the post-holder must ensure that there is a sound basis for its management and overall delivery success.
You will be responsible for leading the project resources in order to ensure the project objectives area are accomplished. They must have an understanding when a project exception needs to be escalated, through the portfolio governance processes, ensuring options and recommendations for
resolution are identified.
You will also have the personal and professional experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the portfolio team, project teams and with internal and external stakeholders as required throughout the delivery cycle.
- Qualified to first degree level, or equivalent in a relevant discipline preferably education- related or Information Technology
- Professional qualification in project management, such as PMQ or any other recognised qualifications
- 5 years project management and delivery experience
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time, cost, and quality
- Successful experience of translating analysis into practical implementation
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proven experience of effective working with those whose specialist knowledge is greater than yours
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project
- Ability to co-ordinate colleagues, volunteers, and contracted parties through expert leadership, motivation, teamwork, supervision, and accountability
- Ability to work across Education and Professional Bodies sector Ability to continue to completion existing projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work with and manage external IT system suppliers.
- Proven capability to manage projects and stakeholders.
APM is chartered. We’re the only chartered organisation representing the project profession, anywhere in the world. We know that better project delivery is about achieving your desired outcome. We believe that doing so is about so much more than process alone. We’re champions of the new. There has never been a more important time for debate, so naturally we’re at the heart and helm of that too. In a complex and shifting world, we’re helping the project profession deliver better.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary attributes, skills and expertise for the role, please send your CV and covering letter.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Main benefits at APM:
- 25 days holiday (excluding all public holidays). This increases after four years’ service.
- Private healthcare and dental cover is available after completion of six-month probationary period. APM pays the premium for the employee. This becomes a 'benefit in kind’.
- Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment with up to 8% contribution from APM.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Life assurance at four times the salary.
- Salary sacrifice schemes – pension, cycle to work scheme, additional annual leave (up to 10 days).
- Free parking on site.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme. The discretionary bonus will take account of individual performance as well as APM’s overall financial performance.
- One paid volunteering day per year.
- Hybrid/flexible working options are available dependent on job role. However, there is a requirement to come into the office 4 days per month.