At AtkinsRéalis we help our clients achieve genuine business benefits from their investments. We advise at senior levels on complex problems and take a hands-on role to ensure that their chosen solutions represent optimum value for money.
We are looking for experienced consultants at Senior and Associate Director grades who can lead the development of robust Business Cases for our clients, to the HM Treasury Green Book standard in many cases, producing compelling evidence to demonstrate that business investments can deliver the value required.
We’re not like other management consultancies. We have real-world expertise in delivering innovative projects across public and private sectors, which means we know how to implement change in practice, not just on paper. We’re there to see change through from start to finish, whatever challenges arise. Helping our clients respond well to the challenges and opportunities they face is a core skill for our Business Case Consultants.
In our Management Consultancy practice we find solutions and develop the evidence to enable better judgements that measurably improve the way our clients operate and deliver. We are people with diverse backgrounds and experience that enables us to bring a unique point of view to our clients – we are passionate about their success and the value we offer.
AtkinsRéalis is expanding, and we are seeking new permanent staff. We are looking for talented, well-rounded, experienced consultants with skills across PMO, project management, business analysis, business transformation, change and a track record of developing and delivering Business Cases to the highest standards. You will be given significant responsibility and exposure to our clients and be expected to act as an ambassador for our business. You will be accountable for the overall quality and timeliness of assignment deliverables, and the role may also require you to lead a diverse AtkinsRéalis team responsible for successful project delivery. You will also need to be comfortable working with client senior leaders.
Our Consultants Are Also Expected To Help Develop And Win New Business. This Could Be Through Contributing To Tender Responses, Managing a Bid Team, Developing New Business Propositions Or Researching Potential New Markets. We Want You To Help Us Grow Our Business By
- Working alongside our clients at all levels, winning their trust, and shaping the development of their business Cases through detailed analysis, a focus on quality, and adoption of best practice.
- Leading the Business Case development process through strategic alignment, articulation of the business need, development and evaluation of options, the identification of commercial suppliers and delivery vehicles, finance and governance arrangements, and the means by which to successfully manage delivery.
- Managing and working within AtkinsRéalis multi-disciplinary teams (at our clients’ premises, remotely from home, in our offices, and where required across the UK) to deliver excellent results for our clients.
- Delivering reports, presentations, and engaging with a range of client stakeholders (including technical leaders, economic buyers, and board members) to guide business cases through assurance and the approvals process.
- Initiating and collaborating in the development of intellectual property to build a Business Case team within our Management Consulting practice.
- Leading and contributing to sales for the business – including bid development and sales presentations to clients.
- Supporting the development and delivery of marketing campaigns.
- We are looking to grow our team through recruiting at Senior Consultant and Associate Director level, and for those with Business Case skills looking to transfer significant relevant experience into a consultancy environment.
Successful candidates will be given significant responsibility for working with our clients from day one. We are looking for people who can demonstrate the following capability and experience across the following areas:
- Client Management:
- You can build good and lasting relationships with clients at all levels in a business environment.
- You are able to gain client trust and identify opportunities for adding further value to the client relationship.
- You maintain a flexible attitude to working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Technical Delivery:
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent qualifications, but significant relevant experience will also be considered.
- Experience in drafting Business Cases to HM Treasury Green Book standard.
- A Better Business Cases Foundation or Practitioner qualification, or similar.
- Skills, experience, and qualifications relevant to Business Case development, including (but not limited to) Business Analysis, procurement or commercial expertise, Project and/or Programme Management, Business Change and Transformation.
- Experience of supporting Business Cases through assurance and to successful approval.
- Experience in one or more of our key markets (Central Government, Defence, Energy, Health, Blue Light and the wider Public Sector generally).
- You are a strong team player and have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people to influence and lead change.
- Strong written communications and presentational skills.
- You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge to colleagues and clients.
- You are proactive and enjoy working with a variety of people, but also comfortable working independently.
- Business Development:
- You have experience of leading or contributing to the sale of management consulting work – including; identification of opportunities, bid development and presentations, and securing work.
- You have supported the development and delivery of marketing campaigns or promotional events for consulting services.
- Hybrid Working:
- We expect our consultant to work flexibly on client site, at our AtkinsRéalis offices, and from home, with the focus firmly on what is best for the client. Assignments may require travel away from home subject to Client and programme requirements. We encourage applicants from any part of the UK to apply.
Why work for AtkinsRéalis?
Join our Project & Programme Services team and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from Sizewell C to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas. Communities are at the heart of our work and our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK.
AtkinsRéalis is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Meeting Your Needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview, and we’ll discuss any adjustments you might need.
New name, new era. We are AtkinsRéalis. It will take some time for all our information to update – you can still refer to our fantastic benefits via the link below.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. The vetting process is delivered by United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) and may require candidates to provide proof of residency in the UK of 5 years or longer. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.