MBDA is a leading defence organisation. We are proud of the role we play in supporting the Armed Forces who protect our nations. We partner with governments to work together towards a common goal, defending our freedom.
Salary: Circa £70,000 depending on experience
What we can offer you:
- Bonus of up to 27% of base salary
- Car allowance of £300 per month
- Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
- Annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave (plus holiday purchase)
- Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and gym on site at Stevenage
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Dynamic (hybrid) working: We trust our people to agree, within their teams, where and when they can be most effective. Our Dynamic Working policy allows individuals flexibility around the hours they work and where they work. Typically for this role you will work 3 days on-site.
An exciting role for an experienced Construction / Facilities Project Leader has arisen within the MBDA Facilities department to lead the existing Project team delivering Facilities construction projects at the MBDA Bolton Site; coordinating and managing the delivery of new infrastructure and improvement projects, supporting the core manufacturing facilities for MBDA UK. This role will also include leading the design, construction and occupation of a major new manufacturing facility within the North West.
This will include formulating and leading teams of external consultants and designers in a dynamic and fast passed environment, delivering works in excess of £150 million over a 3-year period, with further long term development encouraged and providing the opportunity to utilise established team leadership, project management and problem solving skills.
What we're looking for from you:
- A Project Manager / leader with excellent leadership skills to coordinate and handle the overall delivery of all Facilities projects in the North West region.
- Someone with validated Project Management experience and with a recognised qualification or relevant experience in Project Management, Construction or FM discipline.
- Excellent experience and knowledge in a Facilities Management / Construction environment - especially statutory compliance such as Building Regulations, CDM and Electrical Safety.
- Strong collaborator leadership skills, including an ability to set expectations and balance conflicting demands.
- Someone that can lead multi-functional project teams on new projects through all RIBA stages, inclusive of management of external consultants and main contractors, in order to meet programme, cost and quality requirements.
- You will need the ability to interrogate and interpret requirements, based on business understanding, challenging wants against needs when appropriate.
- Ability to adapt to changing and diverse workload with autonomy and resilience
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and professional approach, even when under pressure.
- Experience of line management in corporate environment, achieving optimum outputs, building on strengths and developing weaknesses
We respect new perspectives and experiences, and we value our collaborative ways of working. We are committed to growing and supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their potential. MBDA is proud of our employee-led networks, examples include: Gender Equality, Pride, Menopause Matters, Parents and Carers, Armed Forces, Ethnic Diversity, Neurodiversity and more...
We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments throughout our recruitment process. We also welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK Limited requires all employees to achieve the required medical and national security clearance for their role. Further restrictions and/or limitations relating to nationality and/or rights to work may also apply. As a minimum and after offer stage, all successful candidates will need to undergo HMG Basic Personnel Security Standard checks (BPSS), which are managed by the MBDA Personnel Security Team.
Due to the nature of our business, this particular vacancy requires the applicant as a minimum to be a British Citizen or a Dual UK national with British citizenship and capable of achieving the clearance levels mentioned above.