Location(s): UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Guildford || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Gloucester || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : Leeds || UK, Europe & Africa : UK : London
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,500 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 10 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
As a Project Manager, you will responsible for managing the delivery of critical projects from within IT PPM. You will be working alongside other project managers and project resources reporting into a programme manager.
Working with the IT Project, Programme, and Business Analysis teams, across Engineering, Enterprise Architecture and Security, you will be responsible for successful Initiation, Execution and Closure of projects with variable risk and complexity in accordance with the IT PPM defined governance and assurance standards.
We are looking for someone who has the technical skills to dig in where required and be physically involved with infrastructure deployment and removals. The role requires strong supplier management skills and a drive to achieve delivery.
This role is expected to be based both in the office and homeworking, ideally 3 days in the office in either London/Guildford/Gloucester or Leeds and 2 remote with potential travel both within and outside the UK.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with key stakeholders to understand the business needs and create a project management plan to align with the same.
- Work with the teams and stakeholders to initiate project requests and prepare business cases for financial and business benefit approval.
- Create project schedules, allocate resources and manage progression to plan, supporting the allocated members with their tasks, managing RAID, scope, budgets and using Change Control for baseline deviations ad re-sets.
- Align and maintain alignment of project objectives with company goals, and make sure the project documentation, ensuring traceability of governance and assurance applied throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, across various geographical regions.
- Foster partnerships with customers, stakeholders and sponsors, whilst ensuring that appropriate communication and project reporting forums and processes are in place.
- Manage the project inputs and outputs whilst assuring quality standards in accordance with the baselined PMP and in-house governance and assurance processes.
- Manage the process of risk identification, mitigation, and the resolution of issues realised.
- Managing team size of 5 to 20 resources (matrix), project duration most often 5+ months, budget from multiple N*£100k up to £1m.
What we’re looking for
- Security Clearance [SC minimum] or capable of achieving
- Prince Practitioner, APM Project Management (PMQ) and MSP qualifications.
- Experience working with individuals in different geographical locations and technical disciplines.
- Experience working on Site Transformations and Business Integration/Change preferred.
- The ideal candidate is available to travel within the UK and potentially abroad if required.
- The ideal candidate is someone who has technical skills and will not shy away from assisting with hands-on work if needed.
- Experience of working on multiple projects of differing size and complexity to meet business expectations and deliver successfully against agreed and traceable requirements.
- Self-motivated and proactive with exceptional organisation, influencing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and able to liaise and influence at all levels within the company and/or relevant customer and third parties.
- Demonstrable experience of the production of MSP schedules defining stages, phases, tasks, dependencies, milestones and assigned resource capacity planning.
- Confident stakeholder management and influencing skills and experience across all levels, and all skillsets within the project initiation and delivery journeys whether internal, customer, or third parties.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Functions teams enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.