A Fantastic Senior Electrical Project Manager Opportunity To ‘Power the Transition to a Carbon Free Future’
Powersystems UK is an employee-owned high voltage electrical engineering company. We specialise in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable energy generation. Due to our continuing success, we have a pipeline of work into 2025 and beyond.
Are you looking to advance your career with full training provided?
Do you want to join an established team in an exciting and progressive British business?
We Are Recruiting for a Senior Electrical Project Manager
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Job type: Full time and Permanent
As a Senior Electrical Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing electrical projects from initiation to completion. Your role will involve coordinating with various stakeholders, including clients, contractors, and team members, to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and according to specifications. This role will involve travel within the UK and the willingness to work flexibly out of your standard hours as and when required.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide management throughout the project life cycle
- Manage, mentor and support project engineers, providing advice and guidance from initial concept to completion
- Responsibility for effective Project Management and delivery across a diverse range of electrical HV projects including liaison with clients, consultants, and their representatives. Produce project construction programmes and manage activities to the construction programme. Attend site project progress, coordination meetings and undertake inspections / audits of site works to monitor quality and progress
- Manage commercial aspects of projects in line with budgets and forecasting budgets for financial reporting
- Ensure project compliance with health and safety adherence including strategic planning and management of projects, produce risk assessments and method statements and undertake safety audits
- Attend site project coordination meetings and undertake inspections / audits of site works to monitor quality, progress, managing commercial aspects of the project in line with statutory requirements
- Management of internal and external resource to ensure project goals and customer expectations are met
- Building and maintaining relationships with our clients and supply chain partners
- Manage in-house design and engineering teams to generate equipment layouts, designs, cable schedules, testing, and commissioning procedures
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers on design, installation, and commissioning. Obtain competitive tenders from the supply chain. Attend manufacturers factory acceptance tests when required
- Attending pre-start and kick off and ongoing client meetings
- Purchase procurement for project
- Set up and agree a budget for projects
- Organising the logistics of materials and equipment
- Identifying and organising resourcing requirements for projects
- Organising project briefings for on site management
- Complete project review documentation
- Provide proactive support and guidance to all parties on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards
- Manage the interface between Powersystems and client, network operator commissioning and third-party engineers
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Embrace and demonstrate Powersystems 5 principles of: Priority No.1 – Health, Safety and Well-being; Professionalism, Pride, Partnership and Proactive
Here’s what you need to be successful in the role:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of project management within the electrical contracting or utility industry
- Previous experience of project delivery or a project management role including experience of dealing with suppliers, clients, and employees
- You will need to be confident in managing clients, contractors and third parties and have a strong commitment to the success of the projects that you undertake
- Experience of commercial management of projects and financial forecasting
- Experience with managing projects from £1-10 Million in value
- Able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Able to work effectively whilst under pressure
- Able to plan-ahead and prioritise workload
- Able to follow business processes whilst managing multiple time pressured tasks
- Full UK driving licence
- Right to Work within the UK without limitation
- Degree, HND in Project Management
- Experience in HV Systems
- Experience of managing large teams
- Open to change, resilient and proactive
- Have obtained or working towards professional registration with the IET at IENG / CENG level
- Must be available to travel on work related business throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays
Salary and benefits:
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications
- Car allowance scheme or company vehicle provided
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual holiday plus paid public holidays
- Benefit from company profit share as a partner in our business
- Great training and development opportunities to lead towards chartered status
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gym
Bristol office -Free parking, onsite parking, and electrical vehicle charge points
Powersystems is an employee-owned business and has a keen interest in the well-being and success of all its employees. We will encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas and be involved in the future success of our business.
Everyone is welcome at Powersystems. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We offer a positive and rewarding working environment, relaxed in terms of some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career. If you believe that you have what it takes to power our future together then we wish to hear from you.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We look forward to receiving your application and we will be in touch shortly.