Principal Project Manager
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
Principal Project Managers
We have an exciting opportunity for two Principal Project Managers to join our Global Project Management team in Weybridge to support our Oral and Skin Health categories. You will be responsible for taking new products, that delight consumers and meet their specialist Oral/Skin Health needs, on the journey from idea to global launch (e.g. Sensodyne Rapid - Link). You will lead, organize and manage the cross functional project teams that develop these new products for our Category, which includes Power Brands Sensodyne, Poligrip and parodontax. A Principal Project Manager typically own a portfolio of 4-6 projects and will add value to the project teams and broader business through the application of professional project and portfolio management competencies skills and techniques.
- Deliver “in plan” innovation launches to market in current financial year on time in full. These launches should meet or exceed innovation sales targets over 3+ years
- Progress future launches through the Stage-Gate business process at pace thus ensuring the Category enjoys a pipeline that meets or exceeds Innovation Sales targets
- Manage projects to a high standard using best practice methodologies i.e. to scope, time, cost, quality, risk and budget
- Bring an entrepreneurial mindset to bear thus maximizing the ‘Financial Reward’, ‘Strategic and Commercial Attractiveness’ and ‘Technical Probability of Success’ of each innovation
- Path-find solutions for genuine ‘scientific breakthrough’ and or ‘disruptive’ innovation
- Deal with a wide range of business stakeholders with interest and influence (to SVP) in the project and portfolio
- Create a climate for success in project teams: foster enthusiasm and teamwork, build relationships, reward and celebrate achievements
- Capture learnings throughout project lifecycle, conduct lessons learnt and post launch reviews as an input to future projects
- Continuously improve and simplify broader ways of working and the business in pursuit of superior results
- Contribute to and support the continued vitality of the Global Project Management Team
- Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering or Business (or equivalent experience)
- Cross-functional new product development leadership experience in a consumer healthcare business or similar
- Project management experience and or qualification
- Stage-Gate (End to End Innovation / NPI) experience / awareness
- Strong verbal, numerical and people skills
- Comfortable operating in situations characterized by complexity, ambiguity and high levels of uncertainty
- An ability to map out and understand complex, highly interdependent issues - to distil simple and elegant solutions
- Understanding of all the key business processes and functions within a transnational healthcare company
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence with or without authority at a levels above and below own grade level
- Professionally qualified project professionals e.g. Prince 2 or similar
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 22nd November 2017
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.