Head of Projects (Facilities Management) - National
Head of Projects
To lead major works projects within the Facilities Management and Building Services industry, delivering project solutions to budget, time and quality requirements. To manage matrix managed project teams to deliver various project delivery solutions (e.g. as principle / prime contractor, management fee or under traditional contracting or design and build arrangements) effectively utilising in-house resource (white and blue collar) and sub-contract arrangements as appropriate. To assume and assert commercial control over projects allocated to deliver margins identified. To work as part of a team to build on reputation, capability and delivering efficiently to ensure the projects team maintains a strong project pipeline and develop new leads and clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Take profit and loss responsibility for those projects allocated to you. To own each project and delivery with a high degree of attention to design, construction and financial detail. Deliver projects without LADs being applied.
- From resources available, draw together matrix managed teams to deliver owned projects. These may be from a combination of in-house and out-sourced resources.
- To be accountable for the service delivery in accordance with business systems, such as quality assurance, environmental management system, financial systems, administration and policies.
- Through a recognised process (usually identified by the client process e.g. RIBA plan of work) create strategic, operational and tactical programmes to demonstrate how projects will be delivered. Set and manage management and client expectations through clear communications centred around programme/construction programme, budget (internal / external) and the quality of services delivered during live projects until completion and post completion assessment.
- To Manage the development of detailed Work Method Statements, Risk and COSHH and CDM assessments for all work activity undertaken by in-house and contracted staff ensuring complete compliance. Maintain high and statutory compliant health and safety standards on project sites at all times.
- To appoint, manage, monitor and co-ordinate consultants as required and the on site activities of all sub-contractors with regard to programme and ensuring that appropriate planning consents, CDM requirements, Method Statements, Risk and COSHH Assessments and Permits to Work are in place prior to work commencing.
- In accordance with contract forms, manage projects within the specified terms. Ensure risk is appropriately considered for sub-contract transfer or reviewed in conjunction with procurement / legal departments to agree risk share.
- In conjunction with Purchasing Department colleagues prepare and issue documentation for schedules of rates, quotations, tenders and term contracts as appropriate. Carry out tender evaluations and check that returned documents conform to requirements.