Head of IT and Projects
Position: Head of IT and Projects
To provide leadership and direction to the areas and suppliers which form the Technology and Change teams.
To drive Transformation to deliver the operating model, technology and culture that enables significant business growth.
To establish and maintain a stable, compliant technology service.
To oversee and assure compliance to external regulation and internal governance.
To be accountable for Technology within the business as a memberof the Senior Technology leadership team.
Managing critical services provided from 3rd parties
- Report to CEO around Technology delivery (Obsolescence, It Projects, IT Risk, IT Service)
- Take a lead role in the Business Transformation Programme, managing the Change teams/Delivery partners and proposing options for improvement to senior management
- Establish and Maintain budgetary transparency for technology and project delivery
- Work with business leaders to develop and maintain an IT Strategy and roadmap taking into consideration current and future demands
- Present options to develop further value from IT in excess of budgeted forecasts. Constantly seek to innovate and add value through the efficient use of Technology
- Effectively communicate with the stakeholders and business sponsors to ensure transparency around IT risks, IT trends and IT delivery and propose the best solutions
- Work with Suppliers to maintain a standard set of controls and documentation to assist the smooth running and consistency of ongoing service delivery and projects.
- Lead a culture of innovation and business outcome delivery
- Recruit and mentor team
- Promote and role-model a learning mindset within the team
- Ensure compliance with appropriate group and industry audit requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of market innovations and competitor initiatives in IT
- Manage the IT and Change teams to deliver all activity to agreed timescales and budget, whilst continually seeking to develop the skills and services provided by the team.
- Bring stability and calm to a rapidly changing and dynamic business
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Experience of delivering IT change with a focus on business outcomes is essential
- Financial services experience or motor industry experience
- Strong high level Stakeholder management skills
- The ability to lead from the front and motivate a diverse team through change
- Ability to communicate and influence at an Executive level
- Strong understanding of a multitude of IT applications, platforms and environments in order to identify and propose the most suitable options available
- Confident and experienced managing budgeting, IT strategy, business planning, presentation to internal executives, group and external stakeholders
- Agile delivery experience
- Insurance experience
- Running an IT Service
- Supplier Management