Accelerator Programme Manager
A passionate and highly driven Programme Manager is required for Exeter Velocities.
Exeter Velocities is a programme from Exeter City Futures to support new and developing businesses with ideas to meet our vision of an energy independent and congestion free city by 2025. Each year, Exeter Velocities aims to support around 30 entrepreneurs to develop solutions to the challenges of traffic congestion and dependence on fossil fuels. By supporting these businesses with development advice, mentoring and funding, we aim to generate positive social impact for Exeter and its surrounding areas. The kind of businesses we support, will have the ability to change the way we travel and power our lives for the better. And not just in Exeter, but also in cities around the globe.
As Programme Manager, you will lead on the delivery of the Advance Accelerator Programme.
Advance is a dynamic programme of investment and support, with a four-month renewal window, for developing businesses with the potential for significant growth. Advance offers access to angel investors and co-investment as well as consultant-led support to prepare for future Series A fund-raising.
At the heart of this role you will work directly with ventures selected to be part of the accelerator, overseeing the offer of business support and guidance.
- Lead on outreach activities (promoting the programme in Exeter and beyond, networking with other supporters in the sector)
- Build trusted relationships with entrepreneurs; assisting in diagnosing the strategic challenges and opportunities for their businesses
- Working alongside our Investor Liason, support teams to build future investment-raising plans
- Provide progress reports and impact data on the ventures as required, engaging and reporting back to the funders of the accelerator as required
- Create high-level transformative connections and networking opportunities to help grow the portfolio of ventures
- Develop relationships with funders and investors in this space
- Work closely with colleagues across the programme and Exeter City Futures to draw in expertise as required
You may also be required to undertake other activities from time to time as defined by business need.
Key skills required:
- Experience working as a management consultant and/or in project management roles
- Social impact reporting experience will be desirable
- Ability to make high level connections and partnerships
- Knowledge of the political, economic and legal context that entrepreneurs are working in
- Proven experience managing diverse range of stakeholders
- Awareness of start-up investment stages and the challenges facing entrepreneurs as they fundraise
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels
- Well-organised, adept at juggling multiple concurrent priorities and demands
- Personal experience of starting up or running your own business or social enterprise will be desirable