The award-winning Association for Project Management (APM) is the Chartered body for the project profession. APM is committed to developing and promoting project and programme management through its FIVE Dimensions of Professionalism. Working with government, the private sector and professional bodies, APM uses its Chartered status to raise the profile, awareness and understanding of project management.
APM’s mission is: “Inspiring communities to deliver meaningful change for societal benefit by advancing the art, science, theory and practice of project management.”
The largest professional body of its kind in Europe, APM provides products and services including registered membership and qualifications, events, publications and research. Its headquarters are located in Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire. APM is the certification body in the United Kingdom for the International Project Management Association (IPMA).
Find out more at apm.org.uk
APM is looking for a Communications Specialist to lead on all aspects of communication, both internal and external, related to the establishment of the Chartered Body. Reporting to the Head of External Affairs the role holder will be responsible for identifying all key stakeholders and developing and implementing plans to meet their respective needs.
You will be an expert communicator and need to be effective across different channels of communication. To analyse and digest information quickly, communicating across different media to a variety of audiences, in a succinct and digestible form is an essential requirement.
The successful individual should have an awareness and understanding of social media as a communication tool, a creative eye, the ability to analyse and present information quickly and experience of cross-functionally working.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good track record of stakeholder management at senior levels across the public, private and voluntary sectors
- Demonstrable ability in building business and strategically rewarding partnerships
- Credibility with the profession and with stakeholders
- Knowledge of a professional body would be of benefit
- Business and financial acumen
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to conduct executive level presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Exemplary influencing skills at all levels of an organisation with the ability to maintain and extend stakeholder and customer relationships and to analyse and provide advice on complex issues
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, both in terms of written and oral work, with experience of communicating effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary skills and expertise to work with APM please send email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org