RSK Group plc, is one of the UK’s most successful independent environmental consultancies. The company has a wide portfolio of clients in a number of sectors including rail, transport, water and property. Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. In the rail sector, we have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
Contracts Manager – UK Wide
This is a national role to support all UK offices. Key responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the identification and tracking of major and strategic project opportunities across the RSK group and input to RSK group opportunities as appropriate.
- Providing advice and guidance on major project opportunities and participate in strategic business development initiatives.
- Maintaining high level business contacts within the environmental consultancy sector.
- Working with regional project teams to provide and deliver professional services with regard to the contractual and commercial aspects of environmental consultancy project work.
- Assisting with researching and cascading the latest contractual guidance, best practice and implement methods of working to improve the business’ efficiency and accuracy.
- Identifying market trends and obtaining new opportunities and develop the strategy for bidding for work based upon a network of industry contacts.
- Typically a Chartered professional member of at least one recognised Institution and member of the Association of Project Management.
- Typically requires a second degree in a relevant discipline and hold appropriate post-graduate qualifications in contract management and/or contract law.
- Ideally an Accredited Project Manager for the NEC3 form of contract.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in the environmental consultancy sector, and accustomed to leading a team of staff on large, complex projects.
- Typically at least 12 years’ post-graduate experience, including at least 3 years relevant experience at Principal grade.
- Proficient using Microsoft Project and ideally Primavera programming software.
- A detailed understanding of the standard forms of contract, methods of measurement and common specifications used for the environmental consultancy sector.
- The ability to advise on the most technically and economically appropriate solution on a project by project basis.
- The ability to convince clients, regulators and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Decisive, a good negotiator and always acting with integrity.
Salary and benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies and ranked first for contaminated land and remediation consultancy (Environmental Analyst, December 2015), and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Sarah Murphy on 0117 300 4295 or email email@example.com.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.