Engineering Project Manager
Purpose and Context of the Job Comair Limited, a JSE listed Aviation Company, is looking for applicants for an Engineering Project Manager position based at Comair's Operations Centre in Johannesburg, Gauteng. The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that aircraft are available to operate the commercial schedule by managing the aircraft maintenance service providers and ensure a brand compliant, safe, legal & reliable operation that ensures the most cost effective and best practice solutions are provided, adopted and implemented.
Key Performance Areas • Manage the respective MRO's (maintenance, repair and overhaul organisation) so as to ensure that they maintain the aircraft so as to ensure aircraft are available for the commercial schedule and in accordance with the agreed SLA's.
• To manage the respective resources at department level so as to meet commercial schedule.
• To manage the maintenance functions for the specific aircraft to ensure a reduced down time and minimise cost.
• To proactively & continuously standardise, upgrade and implement systems & product to achieve a common fleet.
• To liaise with internal departments to ensure that Comair achieves its commitments.
• To manage and control the external stakeholder resources to ensure budget targets as contractually agreed to
• To Identify and implement new ideas and processes by conducting a review of the market, and adopted best practices within other airlines.
Requirements • Grade 12
• Tertiary qualification (NTC 3 or higher) which must include Aircraft Maintenance Theory as a subject (Essential)
• Type rated on B737-400 / -800 (Mechanical or Avionics) (Essential)
• BSc Engineering or related qualification (Desirable)
• 6 Years as a qualified aircraft technician (Essential)
• 4 years qualified as an aircraft/aeronautical engineer working in an aircraft maintenance environment
• Project management experience with minimum 2 years supervisory / junior management experience (Essential)