- Job Title: Senior Project Manager - DIO - 26956
- CV Submission Deadline: Friday 9th February (Email Removed) 16:00
- Daily Pay Rates: £547.50 - £730 UMBRELLA / £435.96 - £581.28 PAYE
- Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
- Location: South West: Bristol: Abbey Wood
- Contract Length: 05/02/2018 to 01/09/2018
- Security Clearance Level Required: SC
We are looking for Senior Project manager with SC & experience of the DIO/Construction. Detail below.
Within DIO, Programme and Project Delivery (PPD) is responsible for the delivery of capital infrastructure and construction projects across the defence estate totalling c£500M per annum.
The postholder will
- Be accountable to the Major Projects 2 Deputy Head for the delivery of the Vehicle Storage and Support Programme which has an estimated value of £350M.
- Be responsible for leading the project team consisting of direct staff and Industry Partner (s) and will act as the the senior Intelligent Client. This will involve delivering the project up to Main Gate Business Case Approval and a knowledge of the DIO & MoD scrutiny and approvals process will be of benefit.
- Pro-actively engage with the many stakeholders that a programme of this nature encompasses.
- Be experienced in early contractor engagement and/or two-stage tendering and will take a lead role in helping to shape and drive this novel procurement route through to MGBC approval.
- Undertake active Contract Management to maintain a productive working relationship with IPs and suppliers, monitoring their performance in terms of quality, time, cost and reliability.
- Drive optimal delivery and promptly manage emerging issues to avoid programme delays or cost escalation.
- will manage project resources through scheduling and allocation plans to monitor resource use and reconciling resource limits and time constraints against project demand.
- Will manage financial performance of projects via the IMS system within agreed tolerances to control expenditure against approved project budgets and provide accurate financial reporting and forecasting to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Will work closely with the customer & Commercial team with a requirement to be at least two days a week in Andover.
The balance of their time will require regular team and reporting meetings at Lyneham and regular reviews with the DIO team who are Abbey Wood Bristol based.
The individual will be expected to have considerable experience in management of large construction projects/programmes.Experience of DIO procedures (inc Scrutiny) and approvals and will have a strong personality and have the proven ability to lead this complex programme of construction works.
- Set direction and establish plan for IGBC approval.
- Implement two phase Assessment Study Award PSP via mini-competition.
- Evaluate PQQ responses.
- Prepare draft Tender documents.
If you are a Senior Project Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please note the CV submission deadline.
Please don`t apply if you don`t have the experience or clearance!