Graduate Project Manager
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Earliest Start Date possible: August/September 2018
The Project Management Office (PMO) sits across all Arm business functions to support successful delivery of projects. You will have established a strong governance framework to ensure its work focusses on delivering maximum value. There is particular focus on Governance, Process, People, Tools, Data and Reporting.
- The project processes enable the different types of engineering/non-engineering projects delivered by Arm.
- New recruits are supported in becoming productive fast and existing Project Managers feel they are developing to meet the needs of an ever evolving business.
- Tools provided by the PMO underpin efficient and effective project delivery.
- Project data fuels reports that are used to help management understand status and support timely decision-making.
- The governance and assurance processes ensure projects are compliant to the in-house project methodology and delivering effectively.
In this role you have the following opportunities:
- To establish a deep understanding of how projects are delivered across Arm globally;
- To be involved with, and ultimately lead change initiatives that mature the way we deliver projects;
- To develop skills around requirements gathering, scoping, planning, controlling projects, dealing with a variety of partners across Arm and developing skills in various technologies that support the delivery of the project;
- To provide a pathway into a deeper PMO specialism or into project management in Arm.
To help support this opportunity, you will rotate through the various areas of the PMO group to develop your knowledge and experience during the first year. You will spend time understanding and evolving; enhancing the process by which Arm delivers projects; the way in which we train and develop project delivery staff; the tools that support project delivery; the data, reporting and intelligence generated to deliver successfully.
During the second year, we will provide you with a number of secondment opportunities in the Arm business. You will gain valuable experience in delivering projects and be able to utilise the knowledge you have developed in year one of the program. Additionally, we will expect you to bring back to the PMO insight as to how project delivery could be improved on a practical basis across Arm.
You should have a strong interest in developing a career in project management inside high-tech global business and fast-paced atmosphere. The following list is to be used as a guide and is not a precise list of what we are looking for. It highlights the wide variety of skills we are passionate about as a group;
- Business Analysis: You could be someone who has engaged with customers and documented their requirements undertaken analysis to support the selection of a tool or approach.
- Project Management: You may not be the finished article but possibly lead projects during University courses or outside interests and really enjoyed driving that delivery. Your experience may have been to lead or be involved in either waterfall/schedule driven or agile/feature driven projects or both.
- Software Engineering: You may have developed software tools to provide ways to automate repetitive tasks or improve efficiency. Working with MS Office product tools tend to be written in VBA though experience of other programming languages is always relevant.
- Business Intelligence: You could have worked with data to extract, massage, combine and report on data sets to develop insight and intelligence. Dashboards are becoming popular so experience in visualising data sets could be valuable.
- Training: You have spent time developing or delivering training courses, guides or eLearning modules that support professional development.
As a member of the team we will look for you to;
- Collaborate and work collectively with others around the organisation building trust and credibility as you go. You should be selfless and leave your ego at the door as you come in. We describe this as, ‘we, not I’.
- Express the passion and pride in what you do, to challenge through debate and discussion and to embrace and drive progress and change within the organisation. We associate this as, ‘passion for progress’.
- Be empowered to take an active part in Arm and help shape the future. Arm people are expected to be themselves, be extraordinary, be creative and to have fun in the working environment. We articulate this as, ‘Be Your Brilliant Self’.
Additionally, we are likely to find you have some of the following attributes – though not necessarily all of them:
- Degree educated in an engineering, computer science, business or project subject;
- Experience of the MS Office applications;
- Demonstrate an ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups;
- Exhibit leadership and management skills;
- Be driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong sense of ownership to get the job done without upsetting others;
- Obtain excellent written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the project.
- Highly analytical in approach and a strong problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
As part of our continued dedication to Equal Employment Opportunity, Arm has an Affirmative Action Program for females, minorities, individuals with disability, veterans, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. This plan reflects our policy of hiring and promoting individuals based on ability and potential and without regard to those facts that have no bearing on the execution of job responsibilities.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road