About the company:
The Client is a leading general building contractor, with offices in London and throughout Ireland. With over 60 years’ experience, they have established themselves as one of the top building companies delivering high quality, sustainable construction projects. They work on projects across a range of sectors including Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Leisure, Education, Residential and Healthcare. They have a wide range of experience on traditional building contracts, new builds, fit out and renovations. They continue to set standards in the industry through their speed and quality of construction.
They set standards in innovative, sustainable construction solutions and deliver the highest level of integrity, quality and safety within budget and on or ahead of deadlines set.
The company is very conscious of the dangers associated with the construction sector and pride themselves on having a target of zero workplace incidents.
About the role:
Our client is seeking a well-experienced Project Manager to lead a £17m new build Residential RC frame scheme in central London. They are looking for a Project Manager that has worked on similar size projects in the past with experience in design, programme, commercial and delivery.
Role and responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all site Health & Safety
- Responsible for development and delivery of the agreed project and budget
- Monitor and manage all works to ensure quality is to the highest standards at all times
- Responsible for all pricing, programming and contract negotiations
- Responsible for Design Management
- Management, control and mitigation of all risk, both contractual and construction related
- Control costs and pro-actively manage project profitability
- Lead and manage a highly organised, well-motivated and disciplined project team
- Manage and lead relationship with client and client project team to ensure all design information is provided in a timely and efficient manner
About the benefits/rewards:
The salary will depend on the level of experience that the successful candidate has. The client does, however, offer a very competitive rate and you should expect the basic salary to be between £75,000 - £85,000 plus package.
About the requirements:
The suitable candidate will need to have a high level of industry experience ideally working on similar sized projects and have a good understanding of design, programme, commercial and delivery. They will need to be able to manage and motivate a team with ease. The successful candidate will need to have shown a good length of service to previous employers.
- Stable Background – Only a handful of previous employers
- Hands-on approach and can-do attitude
- Experienced in setting up and running similar projects
- Experience of Design Management
- Understanding of funding and financing routes
- Proactive in learning with an ability to influence others
- A good communicator, able to interact with clients in a positively engaging manner
- A team player