Nexcel is a new business venture within Castrol lubricants, that aims to revolutionise vehicle servicing. We believe that there is a better way to service vehicles than the current method that has been around for over 100 years! At the heart of the Nexcel system is an easy to change, sealed oil cell that installs both oil and filter into the engine in one easy step. NEXCEL was introduced as one of the most significant oil change innovations in automotive history during October 2015. Since the launch, we have received a significant amount of interest from vehicle manufacturers to implement the system.
The team designs, manufactures and supplies oil cells to the market which will result in improved powertrain efficiency, improved serviceability and substantial environmental benefits. The market entry for this technology is through the original equipment manufacturers of the automotive and industrial market.
You will work within a unique, fast-paced and innovative start-up style team made up of innovative, energetic and hardworking professionals while holding responsibility for the key to a very large scale business opportunity for BP.
The NEXCEL programme team is responsible for the delivery of NEXCEL products for customer applications. Your role will be to focus on the planning and delivery of both internal and customer projects. You will need to combine robust project management fundamentals with creativity and adaptability to help define and manage projects of all sizes within the NEXCEL Programme.
As the Nexcel Project Manager you'll be accountable for:
- Project management and delivery of multifaceted OEM collaboration projects according to:
- Automotive industry standard processes
- The NEXCEL New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and
- Project management best practice.
- Leading key OEM programmes, business process and multifunctional projects plans to ensure that they are defined clearly and with the resource identified to deliver them.
- Implementation & development of NEXCEL’s NPI process.
- Support the NEXCEL Programme Manager in the development of the overall NEXCEL delivery plan and subsequently the monitoring of progress against this plan.
- Working closely with the business development and core technical teams in the creation of robust proposals for the delivery of NEXCEL programmes.
- Co-ordination with the functional teams within NEXCEL and Castrol to ensure embedded best practice.
- You'll need a degree or relevant equivalent with in-depth experience of project management and ideally direct experience in an automotive industry
Essential experience and job requirements
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Energy and enthusiasm to make NEXCEL a success
- Prior experience of managing complex technology development projects with demonstrable track record of delivery to deadlines and management of budgets.
- To enjoy and be good at communicating well with both technical and non-technical groups of people
- To be adaptable when working across different cultures and ways of working, both internally and externally.
- To be proactive in foreseeing, avoiding or solving problems ensuring project progression to plan.
- A positive and proactive attitude towards creating a safe and enjoyable working environment by making improvements in working practices and behaviours.
- To work both autonomously and as part of a collaborative team as required.
- A highly structured approach to working. You'll be capable of collating and organising many different requirements, constraints and risks, then constructing a plan that can be presented clearly to all members of the team
- A track record of managing complex programmes with on time and to budget delivery using robust project management techniques.
You'll also need:
- Experience of working in collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience of working effectively in teams in as both a member / contributor and as a leader.
- Experience of bringing new technology to market
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills – accurate and concise delivery of the key message(s).
- Positive “can do” attitude, ability to think “outside the box” and openness to new ideas.
- Ability to rapidly evaluate risk in projects and to make decisions based on balance of success
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
It'd be great if you are also:
- An expert in complex Project Management
- An amazing communicator with strong engagement skills
- Able to fulfill the expectations of the following BP Values and Behaviours; Learn and apply the best practices of BP, act with professionalism and strive for excellent execution, Aim to create enduring value despite the short term pressures faced, Build strong relationships based on trust and honest discussion.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.