Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible to the Project Manager for:
* Supporting the Project Manager/Bid Leader during the order winning process.
* Working directly with functions to establish and maintain integrated schedules and resource requirements to meet project objectives.
* Attending and inputting to progress review meetings
* Identifying and acting upon delivery risks (threats and opportunities)
* Maintaining project costs within the cost control system.
* Ensuring that the Project Manager is aware of all unresolved problems and support the
Project Manager in all project related activities.
* Support sites in the project control process to ensure an integrated project control approach
* Produce reports as laid out in Business Procedures and Working Practices and as required by the PM
* Monitoring sub-contractor delivery.
* Analysing costs and programme variances and proactively providing solutions.
* Control of contract variations and change control registers and generation of claims documents on behalf of the Project Manager.
* Generation of invoices and liaison with the client on clearing payments.
* Attend contract commercial / progress / technical meetings as directed by the Project
Manager and produce data for review at same.
* Deputise for the Project Manager whenever nominated to do so.
* Liaise between internal functions and suppliers when required by the Project Manager
* Liaise with client representatives on all contract issues as directed by the Project
* Experience liaising with clients
* Fully aware of project lifecycle
* General understanding of project management principles and processes
* Experience within the nuclear/defence industry is preferable but not essential
* Minimum HNC/HND in engineering or equivalent level of qualification
* Ideally qualified to graduate level in an engineering or equivalent degree
* Sound IT skills, particularly project reporting and writing skills
* Good spoken and written English is essential
* Comfortable working as part of a team
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.