Project Manager of Buckinghamshire Health and Social Care Innovation Hub
This role is funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
This individual will successfully plan, manage and deliver the Bucks Health & Social Care Innovation Hub project and provide a central project management and reporting function to ensure that the project is run according to ERDF requirements. He/she will also support the Head of Buckinghamshire Health & Social Care Innovation Hub in delivering the project. The post holder will be responsible for the daily operations of the Hub and manage the relationships with the delivery partners. He/she will be supported by the University’s Finance and Procurement functions as required.
More specifically, the Project Manager will:
• Ensure audit requirements are met in order to stay compliant with ERDF funding regulations including maintaining an audit trail for the project.
• Support the Head of the Hub with the smooth delivery of the project.
• Manage matching funds paperwork and timesheets (collection, managing & reporting).
• Manage project budget and cash flow as it relates to matching funds.
• Daily management of the project, including partners, financials and deliverables.
• Servicing the Project Steering Group.
• Liaison with the Funding Authority (DCLG) and delivery partners.
• Manage and process claims to DCLG (with support from BNU’s Finance Team).
Develop and provide papers to Steering Group, including:
- Publicity Strategy.
- Equalities project plan.
- Equalities impact assessment.
- Risk Register.
- State Aid Register.
- Evaluation Plan.
- Project process documents.
• Responsible for implementing a continuous improvement cycle and reporting this back to the Project Steering Group at each meeting.
• The Project Manager will capture lessons learned from all delivery partners on a monthly basis and a summary, along with any proposed actions will be provided to the Steering Group.
• The Project Manager will oversee the correct State Aid treatment for the businesses being supported.
• Responsible for creating the publicity strategy and bringing it before the Project Steering Group for approval during the project set-up phase (it must comply with ERDF requirements).
• The post holder will be required to present the project to groups
Requirements for this role:
• Experience working with EU-funded projects.
• Project management and budget management experience working autonomously across teams.
• Experience of customer service or dealing with different stakeholder groups.
• Education to bachelors level or equivalent.
• Good written and communication skills.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Understand ERDF audit processes or willingness to learn quickly.
• Deep understanding of EU processes and compliance needs (desired).
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• There may be occasional requirements to travel to delivery partners.
• Experience working in a technology incubator or accelerator (desired).
Bucks New University provides excellent employment benefits including: training, development and research support, a generous holiday entitlement, contributory pension scheme, discounted gym membership and a range of staff discounts with major retailers.
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are to be made online. The University operates an anonymised shortlisting process and therefore any uploaded CV’s or supporting documents must not include your name and personal details. Please ensure the application form is filled out in full.
Closing Date: 18 April 2018.
Interview Date: 2 May 2018 (or as agreed by delivery partners and candidate).
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, Bucks New University will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this appointment.
Bucks New University is a Disability Confident employer and as such you will be given the opportunity to declare a disability as part of the application process.