IT Project Manager
Castle Water is the leading independent water retailer in the UK and having established our business to participate in the English and Scottish water markets, we are now strategically positioned to take full advantage of the deregulating business water market in England.
Our head office is based in Blairgowrie in Northern Perthshire, equi-distant between Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and provides excellent opportunities for a range of activities, from golf and fishing to mountain biking and skiing. Our office is within commuting distance of both Perth and Dundee.
The Technology team within Castle Water is an embedded and integral part of the business providing operational, strategic and customer-focused services. These services include business / IT strategy alignment, project management, solution delivery, service management, information and operations management and enterprise architecture. These services are provided through a coalition of in-house resources and external service providers.
Reporting to the CIO, the IT Project Manager has responsibility for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis.
- Identification of resource needs
- Performing quality reviews; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of Stakeholders.
- Coordination (in conjunction with the Business Relationship team) of communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Project Portfolio Manager in partnering with senior management of the business community to:
- Identify and prioritise opportunities for utilising IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognised project management curriculum is required.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
NO AGENCIES PLEASE