Project Manager - Business Change
Business Change is responsible for the successful and effective delivery of strategically significant change in the UK Mortgage Business. The primary accountabilities are to ensure that projects are delivered to time, budget and quality and that all major IT changes have been properly tested by the business before they are implemented into the live environment.
Purpose of role:
The role is responsible for the management and delivery of UK Mortgage projects to an agreed time frame, quality and budget. The projects will vary in complexity and duration with the most significant changes involving multi million pound budgets.
This opportunity is offered initially as a 12 month contract and we are looking for someone with strong project management expertise gained within an FS environment. Mortgage experience is not essential.
- Responsible for all day to day operational aspects of the project from start up through to completion
- Develop a comprehensive project plan which is capable of delivering the anticipated benefits
- Identify and secure the resources necessary to deliver the project.
- Facilitating and motivating cross functional and departmental teams both internally and externally towards common goals.
- Ensure Risks and Issues are managed effectively in order to protect delivery dates and secure the anticipated business benefits.
- Lead communication regarding project status to key stakeholders up to Exec Level.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the business, IT and third parties up to Exec Level to ensure effective and efficient implementation
- Set up an appropriate governance framework tailored to the specific needs of the project.
- Ensure the smooth transition of the project into the business as usual by ensuring effective roll out and training plans are in place and executed
- Work closely with the User Acceptance Team to ensure business testing is undertaken on system changes being delivered as part of the project.
- Identify any lessons learnt in order to develop and improve project management best practice approach.
Essential skills & experience:
- Proven track record of project and or programme management within a complex environment.
- Must have experience of successfully delivering a variety of significant change initiatives within the UK Financial Services Industry
- Must be a team player able to work with and through others, building and maintaining relationships and networks in order to deliver project objective
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people at all levels
- Able to convert high level business concepts into practical and effective implementation plan
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Minimum 5 GSCEs A-C grades including Maths and English or equivalent
Desirable qualifications, skills & experience:
- Prince 2 or equivalent qualification
- Experience of managing / supporting or co-ordination of User Acceptance Testing
- Expert understanding of Mortgages and Mortgage Regulation