Our high profile client in the automotive industry is currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer to work at their busy site in Gaydon, West Midlands
Commodity business engineers work within teams that own the delivery of strategic business plans for every purchased commodity within their CoC. In addition they are involved in -
- supporting significant cost reduction workstreams such as Mega-Projects / other value management activities, managing the commercial cost Gap closure process (GCP) and developing and championing the use of cost data within the CoC .
The team also take responsibility for alignment of the CoC management on cost performance, using commercial data to help inform and structure key decisions for the business -
- Specific area power train.
- Facilitate the commercial Gap Closure Process
- Facilitating use of cost knowledge data to drive improved supplier performance
- Manage the power train material cost reduction tracker & prepare and lead weekly idea generation meetings with senior management
- Project manage commodity teams within Purchase, Engineering and Cost Estimating functions, to help manage existing projects and generate new opportunities through the organisation and promotion of various value management activities.
- Lead and project manage cross functional teams to develop and deliver Commodity Business Plans (CBPs) and Strategic Commodity Dossiers (SCDs) , ensuring all areas of the business are fully integrated with the plan.
- Manage delivery of the CBP/SCD annual process in line with business requirements
- Compile data & presentation material for CBP / CoC Reviews / Product Design Reviews.
- Facilitate supplier based workshops, benchmarking and internal consultation to generate cost and revenue opportunities.
- Represent the department / their CoC within reviews focused on commodity costs.
Skills Required: 1) Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders at Director level. 2) Extensive experience of data manipulation, analysis and interpretation. 3) Proven project support skills, including interaction with product development and purchasing projects.
- Practical experience of project administration .
- Used to performing a high level of data analysis and interpretation.
- Good business acumen and used to developing presentations to a high standard.
- General knowledge of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques.
- A good general knowledge of vehicle / component design and / or manufacture.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Valid UK driving licence.
- HND or Degree
- This is a Maternity cover