Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Direct Reports: None
An excellent opportunity to take your career forwards as a Technical Project manager with a great forward thinking company and treat team.
Job Purpose: the project manager will be professionally project managing and co-ordinating our clients managed projects through to delivery with customers. You will ensure a consistently high quality and professional implementation.
Experience: The successful candidate will have a broad range of IT communication skills including routing, hardware and physical cabling. They will have worked in a role delivering IT solutions for a minimum of 3 years and an understanding of the retail support environment would be helpful. They will have a good understanding of network infrastructure and will be from an IT background with a sound technical understanding of IT solutions.
The required applicant will be PRINCE2 qualified and would preferably be ITiL certified. Previous experience of delivering a wide range of IT solutions to a variety of end customers is essential.
Deliver allocated projects whilst:
- Deliver your projects on time, on budget, against the customer expectations and ensure the quality.
- Make the most effective use of the resources available.
- Support the Head of Operations to implement the system changes within operations in line with the Operations Department Strategy
- Complete & provide a weekly forecast of your projects Capital & Recurring revenue - 3-month view.
- Produce a weekly project status report to track your projects
- Supply technical expertise on networks in to the delivery team when required
- Be involved in the pre-sales cycle to ensure scope can be met and liaise with various departments.
- Control the implementation of your projects and ensure they are delivered on time and to specification, and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Complete accurate weekly project invoicing within 5 working days of current delivery - SLA 90%
- Liaise effectively with the provisioning team to take on and deliver major project work packages.
- Manage your projects to ensure effective project management, in terms of:
- Lines, equipment and services, provisioning & scheduling, installations, and training
- Provide knowledge, support and documentation, when required, to the Provisioning Team for new installations
- Effective Customer Communication including project meetings and pre-sales support
- Professional documentation, customer sign off & internal admin (support and monitoring systems)
- Support the Sales team in the pre-sales phase where Project Management expertise is required
- Ensure a handover process is followed for the acceptance of a new project into managed project delivery including attending internal and external kick off meetings which are documented.
- Attend internal and external project meetings were appropriate and pilots.
- Ensure the quality of our 3rd Party Suppliers, in respect of installation services for major projects, to include:
- Preparation, installation instructions, and sign off
- Ordering and acceptance of equipment (Hosted or purchased)
- Quality of installation delivery
- Job Scheduling & Equipment delivery
- Delivery in line with agreed timescales
- Liaise and communicate with all relevant company departments to ensure your projects are communicated and the relevant departments are well briefed.