Project Manager Group IT - contract/interim
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager within our Group IT Team based in Dunstable. You will take responsibility for delivering a diverse range of small and larger IS projects across a mix of Business & domain areas, including ensuring future Business and Systems solutions are delivered successfully to Stakeholder satisfaction and to agreed time, budget, and quality.
Whitbread PLC is a FTSE100 organisation, the UK's leading hospitality company, including brands such as Premier Inn, Costa Coffee and Beefeater.
What you will be doing
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of Projects within a key Programme of work, and engaging and advising SMEs, Users, and Stakeholders as necessary on all phases
- Ensure that realistic project, budget, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for both Projects and Sub-projects.
- Budgetary control up to £2m p.a.
- Management of 3rd Part Suppliers & resources
- Collaboration with internal Architecture, Service Delivery, Testing, and equivalent teams
- Maintain effective financial and Project progress forecasting and reporting as appropriate
- Ensure that an appropriate change control procedure is in place, and actively used to assess the effect of changes to the Projects on costs, timescale, and/or resource needs and report these to Programme management and Project Stakeholders
- Ensure that Projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and any appropriate action taken
- Evaluate and make recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate, actively contributing to the organisation's technical strategies
- Define and make recommendations on the Project Management Framework for projects, including creation and composition of the Steering group or Project Board, & identification of Project sponsor and Stakeholders
- Implement communications strategies, including, collection and appropriate distribution of relevant information, appropriate handling of complaints, problems and issues, managing resolutions and implementing corrective actions and documenting of lessons learned
- Work within a defined Organisation governance framework, which may be under the oversight and/or direction of a Project/Programme Management Office
- Supporting external/internal audit reviews as required
What we're looking for
- Strong Project management delivery skills to meet schedule, quality, and budget requirements including budgetary control experience of Projects up to £1m
- Exceptional Stakeholder management, communication, and influencing skills, and ability and demonstrated experience to be able to inspire, influence, & build confidence in both Project resources and senior Stakeholders alike
- Significant experience managing concurrent Projects of varying size, deliverables, & complexity
- Excellent organisational, co-ordination and administrative skills including strong planning, risks and issues management, and timely and effective Project and management reporting
- Strong knowledge and experience in traditional Project Management governance practices
- External Vendor / 3rd Party Supplier management experience is essential including experience building positive relationships with Vendor/Supplier management and resources
- Experience facilitating and leading governance and Stakeholder reporting forums with SMEs and senior Stakeholders
- Understanding of integration requirements, approaches, and dependencies where applicable
- Experience of managing Projects in Finance, HR, or as part of Regulation Programmes would be advantageous but not essential