Regional Benefit Manager
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s an exciting time to join Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
The Benefit Manager role will be based within our highly successful Major Projects Directorate under our popular Regional Investment Programme. We are looking for post holder to be based in either Bedford or Guildford.
This role will be based within our growing Sponsorship and Development Team driving focus on the outcomes of our investments to maximise benefits for our customers and value for money for our clients. Through applying industry leading Benefits Management techniques and best practice you will contribute significantly to the successful delivery of the Roads Investment Programme.
Work Pattern: full time (part time or job share considered)
- Ensuring quality and decisive application of Benefits Management which will enable project business cases to be strengthened, benefits maximised and efficiencies identified earlier in the project lifecycle.
- By constructively challenging and supporting the project initiation and development phase, Benefits Management will work closely with the sponsorship and development team to assist project teams in developing a robust and impactful business case, maximise opportunities and identifying project benefits consistently.
- As schemes move into design and delivery, the role holder will ensure clear and cohesive Benefits Realisation Plans are developed and monitored throughout the project lifecycle.
Day to Day:
- Ensuring investment proposals fit with the longer term regional and national benefits and develop robust communication channels for benefit messaging.
- Getting the balance right between Benefits and delivery constraints and working closely with project teams to maintain this
- Provide regional focused guidance in the concept of Benefits Management, maintaining appropriate and effective application to all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Assuring the quality of Benefits Management application across schemes within regions
- Facilitating a joined up approach to Benefits realisation, regionally and nationally across the project life cycle
- Act as a subject matter expert on the development of business cases, providing ad-hoc advice and support, and resolving issues and queries as required
- To contribute to delivery of impact studies and assessments of the wider economic benefits and to ensure these inputs are fully integrated within the wider business case
- Actively promote Benefits culture and improve Benefits competency across the project and programme management community.
- Monitor the output of others who undertake such Benefits Management activities to monitor competence, consistency and compliance with Highways England Processes and Procedures
- Engage in the profession of Benefits Management, taking an active role nationally bringing in best practice from other sectors
- Undertake Benefits workshops to drive efficiency, value for money and applicable project scope.
- Work closely with Value Management teams to harmonise inputs and outputs and remove duplication in activity and interaction with project and sponsor communities.
- Contribute to Strategic Business case and Customer strategies, capturing the broad range of benefits and opportunities
- Maintain key interfaces in Delivery teams, Delivery Services, Asset Management, Network Operations and Strategy & Planning
- Record and track identified Benefits to maximise Regional and National opportunities.
- Provide input into the development and rollout of further Benefits Management and Benefits realisation techniques not yet established in Highways England
- Develop mechanisms for capturing and acting on customer feedback in order to continuously improve our processes.
- You will be a pro-active, enthusiastic team player passionate about the opportunities highways England has to delivery great benefits to customers.
- You will have proven experience of delivering benefits management and benefits realisation tools and techniques across construction Investment Schemes
- You will have proven experience in building the strategic case for a scheme and knowledge of project and programme business case development processing
- You will be degree educated with a relevant economics, transport planning, engineering or construction degree.
- Working knowledge of business case methods, VfM, BCR and Appraisal methods
- You will a member of a relevant professional institution (IVM, APM, RICS, ICE or equivalent)
- Proven experience of influencing projects, programmes and portfolio both in and outside the immediate team.
- Proven experience in Quantitative and Quantitative Benefits management
- Infrastructure delivery experience
- Asset Management background would be a good skill set
- Experience of business case development – Public sector would be advantageous here
- Degree qualified – engineering, economics, transport planning preferred, but we would consider candidates from other background depending on experience.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You’re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We’re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 24 June 2018 at 11:59pm.