Principal Project Manager
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our London team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
We have an exciting opportunity to become a Project Manager on infrastructure schemes. You will be expected to:
- Lead, undertake and project manage assignments, in the UK and internationally
- Take lead matters including project management, H&S, project programme, resourcing, quality management and audit, systems, process, reporting, corporate matters, documentation, procurement, financial management, training and knowledge transfer
- Preparation and review of contract agreements
- Implementation and adherence to systems and processes
- Regular project reporting to client and internally
- Resource forecasts and budget estimates
- Technical support through participating in meetings and keeping records of technical, contractual and commercial matters
- Management of dispute resolution, where appropriate
- Act as a line manager with involvement in resourcing, recruitment, training, mentoring and coaching
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE) with the following experience and knowledge:
- A proven ability to manage projects and deliver to programme and budget
- Experience of working and operating at a senior level and communicating and presenting to client teams
- A thorough understanding of the construction process and parties involved
- A good understanding of project management principles, methodologies, contract law (e.g. FIDIC, NEC) and programme management
- Experience of managing risk and an understanding of risk management methodologies
- Strong knowledge of relevant national and international industry standards, methodologies and procedures
- Proven ability to build, maintain and develop relationships with key clients
- People management experience would be beneficial