Senior Construction Project Manager
As our Senior Construction Project Manager you will assist in the effective management of allocated new build and refurbishment projects through design, development and implementation to the requisite time, cost and quality parameters in keeping with aspirations of the business.
This is a critical role that will own the development of the next phase of the Selfridges Masterplan. The role will encompass the interface between The Selfridges Steering Group, the external Development Manager, the project team and major stakeholders across the business ensuring that planning and communication is coordinated across all groups.
As well as understanding the complexities of delivering a large scale construction project in a retail environment, particularly in Department Stores it would be advantageous to have experience in the development of residential or hotel projects.
KNOW THE ROLE
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Attend both brand and concession briefing, asking as a key contact for all internal and external parties
- Assist in procuring scopes for external consultants and compiling formal appointments
- Support in procurement process and compilation of contractual arrangements for contractors
- Assist with formal Design sign off at key points in all projects
- Encourage design innovation and creativity
- Work closely with the Design team to procure the design of projects using the most effective means
KNOW WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience in sizable projects in retail/ residential or hotel operations
- Experience in management and interpretation of design
- Experience of managing design projects in a luxury environment
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage and motivate virtual teams
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels and areas of the business with external parties
KNOW WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Extraordinary experiences are not only for customers, but team members too. We offer all team members the chance to be a part of something unique where they can enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and great benefits.
They also know that Selfridges is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. Whether you are a Values Ambassador, Green Warrior, a member of the Work it Lab or you get your fix for fashion by taking part in our internal shows, there are many ways to show and develop your talent.
Living our Values is essential to the way we work day to day, encouraging greater social responsibility amongst our team members. From our Project Ocean campaign to Bright Young Things, we are focused on a long term approach to sustainability by buying better and inspiring change.
This role’s key benefits includes 35 days holiday including bank holidays, potential for performance related bonus, subsidised gym membership offer, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, pension contribution and not to mention a generous staff discount!