Senior Project Manager, Professional Services, Legal IT, Senior PMO
Senior Project Manager, Professional Services, Legal IT, Senior PMO, Docklands
Senior Project Manager required to work for a Law Firm based in Docklands, East London. The Senior Project Manager will be a key part of the newly created Project Management Office (PMO). The PMO team is responsible for the planning, coordination, reporting and management of projects across the firm. The Senior Project Manager will work with the CIO to ensure that all projects are delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the firm. The individual will provide guidance to project managers and business analysts, leveraging flexible third party resources. This is a great opportunity and it would be preferable for you to come from a Legal IT background, but ESSENTIAL for you to come from a Professional Services background. You must also have been involved in a senior strategic role previously where you have set up a PMO function at a high level, from scratch. Read on for more details…
Duties and responsibilities:
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies, budgets and objectives for projects
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for senior management.
- Proven experience as a lead/senior project manager
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical staff
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work closely with people at all levels within the firm
- Ability to think and work independently, and as part of a team and to take responsibility for key tasks
- Be adaptable to changing requirements and technologies
- A high standard of written and oral communication with attention to detail
- Positive and robust attitude with a high level of personal motivation
- Flexible approach to working.
- Proven track record of delivering multimillion pound projects to time, cost and quality controls
- Prince II/PMQ/MPM essential
- MSP Practitioner desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- Knowledge of professional services and partnership environments advantageous.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.