Project Manager - Exhibitions
My client, a Design and Build Exhibition Company are looking for a Project manager with a design background to join their team.
KEY AIMS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Stand Build –
The Project Manager will define the project(s) objectives, oversee quality control, ensure the smooth operation of all business undertaken on behalf of clients, in-conjunction with the Senior Project Manager(s) and/or Project Director.
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end including technical design and specification.
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
Develop full-scale project plans, including design, technical plans and associated communication documents.
Review all job costing’s, prior to submitting quotation to client, in-conjunction with relevant Senior Project Manager and make revisions, where necessary.
Review and address all health and safety requirements with the Senior Project Manager.
Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
Liaise with clients on an on-going basis and maintain relationships whilst on site.
Draft and submit budget proposals to client, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Determine and assess need for assistance from other Project Managers/design consultants/sub-contractors and make appropriate recommendations for recruitment if necessary during project cycle.
Plan and schedule project timelines using appropriate tools.
Provide regular communication and updates to the Operations team regarding the status of all projects.
Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations for in house and client meetings.
Monitor, measure and report to relevant parties on project plans, progress and achievements within agreed format/timescales.
Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
Define project success criteria and circulate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
Conduct quality control checks, in-conjunction with Lead Fitter and Operations Manager on all jobs leaving/entering the warehouse and on site.
Build, develop, and grow any business relationship vital to the success of the project.
Conduct post project review and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Prepare and contribute to Production and Project meetings and de-briefs.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all Management and team members.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with Project Director and client.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Determine the frequency and content of reports from the project team at Production Meeting(s); analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management; track project milestones and deliverables.
- Accountability for designated tasks within each project.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including health and safety.
- Design background essential.
- Experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills essential.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability with Personnel Management, working in an autonomous role and/or small team setting thus creating a collaborative environment.
- Technically competent with various software programmes, such as Sage, Microsoft Office, Vectorworks and Artlantis.
- Flexibility during times of change - to shift priorities, demands and timelines through on-going analysis and problem solving.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently. Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from upper management, clients and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Clean Driving Licence.