My client, a major UK distribution business, is looking to appoint an experienced, hands on Operations Manager for their site in Birmingham. You’ll be a key member of the senior management team working in a time critical distribution environment ensuring a smooth and effective operation with direct responsibility for:
* Management of the day to day running and operational procedures/performance of the depot through a management team.
* Leading and motivating a large team in the pursuit of demanding cost, productivity and quality targets, ensuring challenging network service levels are met and exceed
* Undertaking specific projects and making a tangible contribution to the development of future plans and strategies for the depot
* Deliver a best in class service
* Ensure the depot is fully compliant in line with both the business and legal Health & Safety requirements.
As an experienced logistics professional, with a strong, hands on operational management background, you must be able to demonstrate:
* A proven track record of success in a similar position within a related fast moving distribution business – ideally a mid sized Retail, Food or 3PL operation.
* An entrepreneurial approach and the ability to display who you have put this approach in to practice
* Strong leadership and excellent all-round managerial skills, coupled with the ability to motivate your team and make quick and effective decisions whilst working under pressure
* Stable progression through businesses of a medium size
* A fair level of IT literacy, in order to utilize some of the industry's most advanced technology
A strong, hands on management style is essential, with demonstrable experience of leading large operations in demanding environments. You will be able to discuss and display how you effectively lead and coach a team to achieve and exceed KPI's.
£50,000 - £55,000pa + Benefits
Our client is a well know distributor across the UK