Location: Titchfield, Hampshire
Salary £35,200 (full time salary)
Closes: 22nd July 2018
Job Function: Programme Planner
Contract Type: Fixed Term - to 31 March 2020
This role sits within the delivery team of Census and Data Collection Transformation Programme (CDCTP). You will provide independent specialist hands-on planning support to the Programme Office Manager, playing a active role in planning management to promote the programme and project management methods and standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery & Leadership – Lead on planning activity and work with the project to support delivery of the business case benefits and outcomes. Support capability building and the use of best practice in planning and reporting. Provide expert advice for team members and project community.
- Project Planning – Challenge and test project assumptions to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable. Support the programme manager to identify options to optimise delivery.
- Stakeholder Management – Ensure that stakeholder responsibilities and needs are understood and addressed in reporting arrangements. Develop peer networks across the department.
- Project Performance & Controls – Monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Guidance & Support – Provide expert advice on planning processes throughout the life cycle of the project.
- have a project/programme delivery background at practitioner level as a Planner, PMO, Project Manager or Workstream Lead within a complex programme
- have a track record of prioritising and delivering outputs in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment
- have lead on all aspects of project/programme planning, including the development, updating and monitoring of plans and schedules, milestones, inter dependencies and project/programme outputs
- have developed and implemented project plans and schedules, dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting and stakeholder management
- have excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, collaborative and productive relationships across functional and organisational boundaries
- have a proven ability in organising a complex workload, prioritising, and managing rapidly changing demands and priorities
- have expert knowledge and experience using MS Project
- model positive behaviours that reflect the corporate values and culture
It is essential that you hold a project management qualification such as:
PRINCE2 Practitioner, Agile Project Management Practitioner, APM Project Management Qualification, APM Practitioner Qualification OR have relevant demonstrable experience.