Bid / Project Planner
With 61 production and engineering sites and 18 service centers in 28 countries, Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signaling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 39,400 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions.
We want you to be a part of this global and innovative team!
The Project Planner is responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process.
You will establish and update the Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of sub-schedules from all parties (functions, subdivisions) involved in the project.
As Project Planner, you need to challenge all inputs from all parties. You would regularly track and report progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitor risks and opportunities. Your work will also include producing schedule-related KPIs as required by the project.
• Guiding the Project core Team in planning of activities to deliver the project using different standard tools (Product Breakdown Structure, Work Breakdown Structure)
• Establishing and updating the DPS based on common objectives within the project
• Monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved
• Managing the effective communication of the current DPS to all relevant stakeholders
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
• University degree, preferably in Engineering or Business
• 5-10 years of experience as Project Planner or in a similar position (e.g. Project Management, Procurement, Bids, Sales, Finance)
• Strong knowledge of the Primavera P6 software solution
• English fluency is mandatory;
• Project Management experience is an important advantage
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular