Argus is a fast-growing B2B media company providing essential information to the energy and commodities trading industries. We are embarking upon a programme of significant change to keep us at the cutting edge of the industry.
You will work as part of the Argus technology department in our central London office, running one or more projects to support the delivery of our business strategy. This is a hands-on role where your main focus is on defining scope, objectives, deliverables, benefits and governance and driving projects to a successful conclusion on time and within budget, whilst building excellent stakeholder relationships. You will be part of the newly formed PMO, and will also contribute towards building a deeper project management culture across the organisation.
The Project Manager is expected to bring a proven background of project management expertise and decision making, as well as an ability to influence and impact others. They will be used to working within an agile environment and working as part of a team, delivering complex projects and business change programmes.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to initiate projects in accordance with Argus processes and define clear scope, requirements, success criteria and benefits from the outset
- Work with Technology leads to ensure adequate engagement of all Technology development and operations teams, ensuring all key roles are filled appropriately
- Create effective project and resource plans, ensuring costs/timescales are realistic and risk/issues are identified
- Deliver projects to agreed success criteria, managing change effectively
- Build, maintain and track detailed plans for all project activity, reflecting progress and any agreed changes to scope. Ensure that all categories of project costs are recorded and reconciled with Finance teams, so that a single agreed view of costs is maintained
- Ensure all formal project controls are visible and managed appropriately
- Agree internal project resource requirements and timescales with resource managers and manage the assignment and release of all project resources during the project
- Ensure that any external resources required by the project are acquired and managed effectively
- Ensure team productivity is maximized, and feedback on individual performance provided to resource managers on request
- Provide leadership and communication required to maintain high level of confidence and morale in complex multiple stakeholder relationships from team through to executive management level
- Accurately and regularly report project status to all stakeholders and the PMO
- Actively manage exceptions to plan and escalate appropriately
- Support the Business Owner in change management & benefits realisation activities
- Work closely with the operational and technical stakeholder teams to transition solutions smoothly into full production status
- Perform formal project closedown in accordance with agreed Argus process, ensuring stakeholders such as Operations receive a high quality handover
- Maintain knowledge of current project management practices and techniques through reading and informal networking
- Coach and support the broader Argus business community in project management methods to help shift the culture of the organisation
Skills and Experience
- Experience leading and managing multiple project streams comprising of both internal staff and third party partners to successfully deliver results
- An experienced Project Manager responsible for projects with the following attributes:
- 6-12 Staff
- Resource Cost > £200K - £1.5m
- 6-18 Months Duration
- Thorough understanding of the project management process throughout the lifecycle, and the ability to identify issues and take corrective action
- Proven track record of managing complex and senior stakeholder interactions
- Proven track record of leading projects that have combined technology and business change to deliver lasting benefits
- Experience of process improvement using six sigma or similar techniques
- Experience of working with formal project methodologies such as PRINCE 2 or PMI and associated accreditation
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Proficient in maintenance of financial (budget/ cost tracking/ investment appraisal) models
- Experience using common Project Management tools, especially MS Project and JIRA
- Proficient user of all MS Office tools
- Proven success in project planning and project management including negotiating partnerships with third party suppliers
- Strong experience and advocate of iterative/agile development methodologies
- Experience delivering bespoke software solutions
- Experience developing externally facing web based applications, with an emphasis on usability, security and performance
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner or equivalent PMI accreditation
- Certified SCRUM Master
- Six Sigma or similar accreditation
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with more than 850 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and also offers bespoke consulting services and industry leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
- Competitive salary
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme