An exciting opportunity to work in a supportive and busy team as a project manager in the Medical Education Reform Programme (MERP) within the Health Education England (HEE) Education and Quality Directorate.
The MERP Programme is a high profile national programme of work for HEE, focussed on enhancing the structure and delivery of postgraduate medical training to ensure doctors are supported, valued and provided with the means to be the best they can be.
The post holder will manage the delivery of the programme which will include scoping, business planning, governance and finance and discussions and advise colleagues and wider stakeholders as to how the programme will deliver its aims and objectives.
The post holder will be required to engage with a large number of stakeholders from internal and external organisations to ensure the programme is delivered with a high level of stakeholder support with groups including NHS England, Public Health England, LETBs, Professional Bodies, patient groups, Medical Royal Colleges, Department of Health.
- Leading project teams at a national level
- Planning, facilitating and managing the programme and reporting on progress and mitigating risk
- Engaging with senior stakeholders including working in partnership with other NHS and government organisations
- Deputising for the Programme Manager in senior stakeholder meetings, briefings, conferences, workshops and other forums as appropriate
- Finance and business planning
The post is offered on a fixed term basis (secondment only for NHS staff) until August 2019 at NHS TCS 2018 band 8a based within one of HEEs offices (with location to be agreed at offer). There will be some requirement for national travel which will be reimbursed.
Interviews are likely to be held in August.
HEE reserves the right to close this vacancy when a sufficient number of applications are received.