The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals from going extinct. With a new strategy about to launch in June 2018, ZSL is just about to embark on a transformational change programme which will see strategic objectives being set for our 200 year anniversary in 2026.
ZSL is seeking an exceptional candidate to be our new Projects Manager. This post is required to enable minor projects & major projects (<£500K to £6m) to be procured and managed through their life cycle. The successful candidate will be based at London Zoo, Regent’s Park Facilities Management department and will report to the Deputy Facilities Manager. There is a strong element of liaison with the animal department where this role is paramount to the success of any animal related projects.
The successful candidate is required to have proven experience producing specifications, plans, costs and oversee construction and installation work. The post holder will also ensure compliance with the current CDM regulations are met and take ownership managing projects within agreed timeframes as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
- Have obtained a City and Guilds or NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification within a building trade. Ideally the candidate would have a relevant project management qualification such as PRINCE or APM.
- Proven successful project leading experience and/or have a depth or breadth of knowledge and experience in a number of Project Management inter-related areas.
- Experience managing budgets, schedules, deliverables, and risks against the critical path ensuring quality processes are followed
- Experience guiding, supporting, and advising clients on the benefits and implications of proposed solutions.
- Experience of managing multiple priorities, projects, and relationships
- Proficient computer skills using MS Project and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are a prerequisite for the job.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills will are a prerequisite for the job.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Senior Projects Manager. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however, may occasionally require the post holder to occasionally travel to Whipsnade Zoo. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 19th August 2018.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.