The Project Manager is responsible for delivery of multiple projects across the business. This could be anything from a complete project to update or replace a specific component of existing systems, through to the work-stream of a large business facing project
For large projects, the Project Manager will take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of each project phase, and will be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of each project, and the motivation and development of the project team
For smaller pieces of work the role will involve a sub-set of project management activities. The Project Manager may work within the scope of a wider project plan for example where s/he is responsible for delivering a work-stream in an overall project.
From time to time Project Managers will be situated within the business area in which a project is running, reporting into another Project Manager, as well as the Business Owner and Sponsor
- The successful delivery of the full scope of a project or work-stream within a business project, including technology and operational processes
- Planning and designing the project structure and deliverables, and proactively monitoring overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Estimating, securing and managing the overall project budget and resource profile
- Developing, presenting and monitoring the overall project plan within the defined governance
- Report on project progress through agreed reporting lines, at agreed intervals, via highlight reports and portfolio/programme/project board when necessary
- Managing the project risks and issues, including the development of contingency plans
- Change control and any required configuration management
- Directing and motivating the project team
- Adhere to project management standards, methodologies and practices via the Programme Manager
- Ensure regular dialogue with project team and stakeholders to promote solving, team working and risk sharing
- Where they exist, manage third party contributions to projects as appropriate
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications
Prince 2 or equivalent qualification with a proven track record of applying project management methodologies and practices in a sometimes complex project delivery environment
Experience of leading work in an agile delivery environment with multi-discipline teams would be an advantage
Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills with experience of reporting to a senior audience
Has the ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively at all levels with technical and business teams, project stakeholders and sponsors
Project management and delivery experience, with a record of successful delivery and management of budgets in the region of £0.5mn - £3mn, preferably within the Utility Services sector
Proven experience in project planning, cost, budget and risk and issue management.
Experience of delivering technology projects, and communicating effectively with non-technical business users
Business change management experience
Strong leadership, people management and team building capabilities, with experience of managing both internal and external specialists for teams the size of 5-10 people, including in a matrix environment
Proven ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships, and influence business decisions at senior management level
Experience of estimating individual development work-streams possibly using a variety of techniques
Strong MS Office suite knowledge, including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
Ensure appropriate standards and processes are applied and adhered to appropriately in order to ensure successful delivery
Well organised, proactive attitude to work with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
Ability to prioritise and keep track of several tasks, switching between tasks appropriately
Experience in / ability to forecast and prepare for known peaks in workload
Strong approach to setting and adhering to standards, and identifying opportunities for improvements in these
Strong “soft” skills in dealing with and managing people, to develop staff and achieve the best outcome
Strong and clear customer-focus, and able to work with both business and IT colleagues
About The Company
Our vision is to be the leading utility service provider delivering a cost effective, quality service to our clients and achieving acceptable financial returns. In simple terms this means "delivering what we promise" with safety as our number one business driver.
Our people are our most important asset and we invest in training and development programmes which produce teams capable of offering the expertise and dependability our clients rely on. Our mission is to continuously add value either through incremental changes to our systems or via innovations which continuously improve the way we work.
'Morrison Utility Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities’.